Range report!

Well kids , here we are back at the Jamm and cuss bar and grill................... Lets start with the AR build...........

I tore the thing completely down, inspected the gas system, and can find no fault with it.......J came over and said i didnt have enough lube in it to run, so he slathered it in tetra gun lube... Did i mention my AK will run with sand in it?

I put one round in it at a time and heres what i got. Out of four single loaded rounds, i got two bolt lock backs but no ejection, and i got two non ejections and no bolt lock back....... Im at a loss.... i may part the thing out and move on........

I had traded my FAL to J . I had not shot it since i changed barrels/gas systems. He tried it and it wont run.......So he brings it back and we tear it down.... No reason it shouldnt run.........Short stroking......So i look at it all day, do some research, make a phone call.........looks like the gas hole needs opening up? So i decide to try an extra gas piston and i change out the gas nut. Ten rounds of surplus dynamit noble ammo and it runs fine , locks back on the last shot and every thing.......Hooray!

On to the Golani/Galil..........................35 rounds of 55 gain wolf later..........ran without a hitch.........the cheapest gun i got ran with no hiccups..........Wait a minute, isnt that an AK variant? no wonder it runs..........

With that being said.........any clues on the AR? The old Colt preban BCG isnt made like the newer ones, but it should run.........shouldnt it?

Sorry to hear about your AR Carto. I wish I knew more about your problems you have been having. That must be frustrating. But at least your Commie guns work fine. If you end up parting it out let me know what you want for it. My ARs run fine but I can always use another for parts or to build another.

Ok Carto I am here to help but first one question. Whats the difference in an AR and an AK? Going to get my tools while you answer.

Well all guns break. The M1A safety inside the trigger guard is what makes me not prefer it as a fighting gun. Excellent shooters though.

Ok, maybe I should have said that I can't imagine Beaver with anything that isn't big, heavy, overbuilt, and quality made in America.

Gitrdone
Ready to fight
Ready to kill
Ready to die but never will
Semper fi

And make that 2 1911s

PM me details of the build, if you would. I know a bit about the AR15 platform, I build them regularly. :D Also, I apologize if youve already tried, but did you try some other mags? And what kind of mags are you running? Sometimes the solution is the simple answer.

PM me details of the build, if you would. I know a bit about the AR15 platform, I build them regularly. :D Also, I apologize if youve already tried, but did you try some other mags? And what kind of mags are you running? Sometimes the solution is the simple answer.

Ill post the sad details after i eat breakfast.................i cant talk about it on an empty stomach .................

First has the gas block been changed for any reason?? A lot of the clamp on gas blocks suck, they shift and move, allowing for short stroke. Make sure it is properly aligned over the gas port hole in the bbl. (hint its not supposed to sit directly against the shelf where the bbl gets thicker) 2nd, tap out the roll pin and pull the gas tube from the gas block, make sure its clean, not bent to a kink and re assemble correctly. Other possible problem (though I beleive its a gas issue) is a simple extractor/ejector swamp. Bravo company makes a very cheap replacement/upgrade that I would always suggest installing. Lastly has the butt stock been changed? If so is the correct buffer and buffer spring installed? And please tell me you are trying decent ammo and not the wolf shit you are shooting through your Golani?

Lets start at the beginning..............

I started with a pre ban Colt in A1 configuration, big pin style lower........ I bought an 11.5 inch upper with the gas block and tube from Jeremy. According to him this setup worked on his lower. I ordered a collapsible butt stock and buffer/spring set up.... a Spikes tactical a3 upper and adapter pin to make it fit.....

I put it all together and it wont run......constant short stroking..........I had a standard weight buffer and replaced it with a Spikes t2 heavy buffer. ... still short strokes..... I took it it all back apart, look through the gas system and can see no reason why it wont run......J came over and said it was too dry and slathered it with grease..........still no worky........

Now we noticed my old preban BCG was made different than a newer one, but i dont see how that can be the problem.................

I have tried 3 different kinds of ammo and different mags that work in my Daewoo...........That Daewoo that never quits and always run.........A nice AK/AR variant ...........Commie guns run.....

So, im open to trying anything........... send me some magic fairy dust if it will help.......

Possibly, and thats an easy check.
"we noticed my old preban BCG was made different than a newer one"

How so? Can you take pictures of the differences in the two carriers?

I still am convinced its gas releated. What type of gas block? Standard taper pin a pillar front sight gas block? or is it one of the set screw ones? clamp on? And lastly you tried different buffers, did you try different buffer springs? check and make sure there is a hole in the back of the buffer tube so that compressed air can escape. Pics would be great. AR's are simple and will run like a raped ape once you get them going, dont fret

Back