Rare HI knives

reading the posts it sounded like there was enough interest for a run of that number maybe as many as 6--- truly a collector's item.

seriously we have got to get some wild things going again! let sher or bhakta loose !

OMG-- lets see a modern bhakta folder

I could envision a Bawanna micro AKB folder with Nepali stag scales:thumbup: Maybe silver mounted with black horn scales!

I agree Gehazi, I can think of a number of folks who I would consider one a perfect Christmas gift for.

i was told this is a rare(ish) blade, a 12 inch 19 oz Bonecutter made by kami murali.
muralikamibonecutterkukri_zpsd2acd54f.jpg

I think sher and kumar could both manage what it takes to make a folder

Great collection and Pix, thank you for sharing

Got intrigued by this one.
5-24-14003_zps39d251f9.jpg

KUMAR SUPER CHIRUWA ANG KHOLA
Overall length --18''
Weight --42 oz
Spine thickness --1/2''
Satisal wood white metal combo handle
White metal guard, Brass bolster, Brass and white metal buttcap, Standard leather scabbard,

Added to my ever-growing collection at $235. Looks better on picture...
Let me correct, it looks far better on picture. :eek:

Ya beat me to this one and I'm still sour about it. If I'm not mistaken this was offered as an extenuation to another dotd and I didnt bother to read the whole thread until it was too late.

Good get. I hope they make more with that stocky handle type.

a folding micro bowie,,,,, WOW.... that is one incredible vision there...

I was a bit skeptical about whether a folding micro bowie could be feasible while keeping the same blade width, so I did a rough sketch of the concept (starting by tracing a photograph of my IBBB, keeping the same blade width, and adding maybe a half inch to the overall length of the original batch). Now I'm a believer!

IMG_4295B.JPG

Last edited:
Man thats a whole new generation of Khul Steve! The drop you have in the handle is perfect.

Thank for the compliments, guys. There are a bunch of design details that would still have to be worked out.

Back