realized my kershaw blur is a fake

Status
Not open for further replies.
See my response in bold.

Who is going to pay for all this testing and the staffing? The manufacturer. It is their IP that we are trying to protect.

What jurisdiction would this fall under? Various? Where does a crime take place on the internet?

Impose a fine on whom exactly? I said the Seller.

Who is going to pay to oversee and collect these fines? TBD, but generally a policing action.

Who gets the misdemeanor and why would they care? I said the Seller.

What about overseas markets? What about it? If we can stop those products from being sold here, that's a big step. Once we gather enough data on the suppliers, we can take additional steps.

You do realize traffic stops not only help bring about some semblance sanity on the roadways but lead to the discovery of much worse things like drugs, felony possession of firearms, outstanding warrants, stolen vehicles, and so much more. Sure I do. I also realize that we live in the 21th century and have police forces structured to deal with 19th century crimes.

I'm not arguing against the scourge of counterfeiting and I agree with you on IP theft and such but it is naive at best to just make a blanket statement that this is a law enforcement problem, while also being critical of law enforcement doing their jobs.

I don't want to wade into political territory and this is seems headed there.

I thank the OP for sharing and especially for the pictures. Awareness and education or critical steps in helping to protect the community from these thieves.

n2s

eBay: "THE FAKES SUPERSTORE".

eBay does not care if some of the dealers on their site are selling fakes. Since eBay is not selling them, eBay cannot be sued or fined over the fakes. "eBay only provides a service. eBay does not actually sell anything on their website."

If Customs did their job a little better and seized more of the fakes, perhaps the problem would become not as common.
(and not just knives. As a expedited truck driver, I had a few customs loads going to their disposal/destruction centers. BOS headsets, "iPhones", "Rolex" watches, DVD's and CD's, "Famous Designer's" purses, shoes, suits, along with knives, 8KW and 12KW generator sets, auto parts ... you name it, were on my truck at one time or another going from a customs storage center to a disposal/destruction center.

Customs seizes a lot of stuff every day. Unfortunately, some stuff will always get through, even if they had thrice the number of inspectors, or even 100 times as many.

FWIW, Customs/The Feds are the one who deals with fake merchandise. Not state or local law enforcement.

Frankly, I don't see this as an Ebay issue. To me this is yet another indication of our failed law enforcement.

You should take the test.

Standard 14C28Ns come with hollow ground blades.

S30Vs and other sprints and exclusives are almost always flat ground.

Easy peasy.

Furthermore, shopping da bay for a current production knife is just bad form. Sorry bud, but you were asking for it.

Ok, got it. Most of the time, Kershaw does flat grinds on all of the premium steel Blurs and hollow grinds on their sandvik models. That’s why the Elmax and S30v are flat ground and the other sandvik ones are hollow.

There have been instances where some sandvik models are flat ground, but it’s rare.

Standard 14C28Ns come with hollow ground blades.

S30Vs and other sprints and exclusives are almost always flat ground.

Easy peasy.

Furthermore, shopping da bay for a current production knife is just bad form. Sorry bud, but you were asking for it.

No one asked you grownstar grownstar . Also, many hollow ground Blurs were NOT 14c28N...so do some homework kid.

No one asked you grownstar grownstar . Also, many hollow ground Blurs were NOT 14c28N...so do some homework kid.

Cut me some slack, man!

This is a public forum and I can give my opinion if I damn well please.

Also, I obviously meant CURRENT standard Blurs. I wasn't talking about 13C26 or 420HC or any other older version. So please calm your bosoms.

Cut me some slack, man!

This is a public forum and I can give my opinion if I damn well please.

Also, I obviously meant CURRENT standard Blurs. I wasn't talking about 13C26 or 420HC or any other older version. So please calm your bosoms.

420HC were Amazon exclusives. Think you meant 440a...

Let me know if you need anymore help grownstar grownstar

Ok, got it. Most of the time, Kershaw does flat grinds on all of the premium steel Blurs and hollow grinds on their sandvik models. That’s why the Elmax and S30v are flat ground and the other sandvik ones are hollow.

There have been instances where some sandvik models are flat ground, but it’s rare.

thanks for the help .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back