Reate Knives District 9-Plus

District 9-Plus were came out a few days ago.Compare with D-9A&B,District 9-Plus was totally improved. District 9-Plus combined with the style of A and B but the work is more sophisticated. And it is also lighter than before which is only 180g now.So with the weihgt loss, the blade around the center of gravity is more harmonious.What's more, process is more delicate as well as has two different color for the blade which are light and dark.

Reate Knives would like to talk a little bit about one important technique—Freeze Edging Skill

As the final process for a blade, edging has a great effect on the performance of the knife, after all, the edge part is the main function area when using a knife. Normally, edging is operated on a high-speed running grinding wheel or grinding belt, which produces a very high temperature. Without a cooling system, the temperature on the edge goes up instantly to hundreds of centigrade, when it gets worse, it will burn and leave heat marks on the blade. Tempering or even annealing will happen on area of the edge where the temperature increasing instantly. It will harm the hardness and durability of the blade. That’s why some knives pass the hardness standard test but easily get worn in actual use.

Reate Knives use the freeze edging technique. During grinding, the temperature on the edge is controlled in a certain level of degree, which helps keep the hardness after the heat treating. Therefor, the sharpness and durability of the blade are assured. This helps bring the performance of the material to the best.

District9-Plus
Ball bearing system
Open Length:8.6”
Blade length:3.75”
Closed length:4.85”
Blade thickness:0.157”
Blade material:S35VN
Blade material hardness:59HRC
Handle material:6AL4V
Weight: 180g (6.35oz)
Open type : flipper

Last edited:
The darker blade...is that an acid wash?

These certainly do improve upon the original D9. Beautiful work once again!

An HD vid for those interested:

[video=youtube;xTy0gOXs67I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTy0gOXs67I[/video]

amazing folding knives , you did great on those knives REATE.

Freeze Edging Skill , do you mean cooling?

The sand blasted option is a definite add to my list - do we have any estimated date for when they will arrive in the states?

Hi David,

On what kind of ball bearing system runs the D9 plus?

Last edited:
Hi David,

On what kind of ball bearing system runs the D9 ?

They are ceramic bearings- single row. They rest against washers so there is no contact with the titanium handles.

I am really glad I bought mine. Great knife!

D9 or D9 plus? I am after the D9 plus.... I own already a Horizon C. Very good knife, but it just needed a brother...

I only saw one row of bearings, but I could be wrong. I flipped mine dry about 50 times and then cleaned and lubricated it and it runs super smooth now.

Back