Reate Knives&Kirby Lambert collaboration 2018 high-end knife: Crossroads

We are glad to inform everyone about this knives that we collaboration with the famous designer Kirby Lambert will be released in the middle of next month.

Specification:
Crossroads (Designed by Kirby Lambert )
Bearings: Double row ceramic ball bearings
Open Length: 8.27”
Blade length: 3.54”
Closed length: 4.72”
Blade thickness: 0.157”
Blade material: Bohler M390
Blade material hardness: 61HRC
Handle material: 6AL4V Titanium
Inlay material: Marbel Carbon Fiber/Carbon Fiber/Green G10
Pivot design : Ti Connector
Weight: 150g/5.29oz
Blade finish: Satin finish
Handel finish: Gray(Bead blast)/Black PVD Coating
Locking:Frame Lock

At here, we would like to share some pictures of this knife with you.(6 Versions in total.)

1.Bead blast handle + Green G10 inlay
IMG_3739-1_zpsz8kgofgr.jpg

IMG_3743-1_zps9c9zgele.jpg

IMG_3729-1_zpsnihrdcse.jpg

2.Black PVD coating handle + Green G10 inlay
IMG_3747-1_zpsyn8mnvcj.jpg

IMG_3749-1_zpsb1eosj64.jpg

IMG_3746-1_zpsywjm6lyt.jpg

3.Bead blast handle + Marble carbon fiber inlay
IMG_3758-1_zps1nfpfqne.jpg

IMG_3760-1_zpsn7gslvxi.jpg

IMG_3757-1_zpsucdtpo3g.jpg

4.Black PVD coating handle + Marble carbon fiber inlay
IMG_3766-1_zpsxfqu46xc.jpg

IMG_3767-1_zpsr2pm593x.jpg

IMG_3765-1_zpsburp00hh.jpg

5.Bead blast handle + Carbon fiber inlay
IMG_3633-1_zpszku8ruk1.jpg

IMG_3635-1_zpsvndsiktc.jpg

IMG_3632-1_zps4pzj5ub2.jpg

6.Black PVD coating handle + Carbon fiber inlay
IMG_3754-1_zpsj5uqvrv9.jpg

IMG_3755-1_zpsqu3nixmw.jpg

IMG_3753-1_zpszfm6vgt2.jpg

Reate Knives would like to talk a little bit about one important technique—Freeze Edging Skill.

As the final process for a blade, edging has a great effect on the performance of the knives, after all, the edge part is the main function area when using a knife. Normally, edging is operated on a high-speed running grinding wheel or grinding belt, which produces a very high temperature. Without a cooling system, the temperature on the edge goes up instantly to hundreds of centigrade, when it gets worse, it will burn and leave heat marks on the blade. Tempering or even annealing will happen on area of the edge where the temperature increasing instantly. It will harm the hardness and durability of the blade. That’s why some knives passing the hardness standard test but still easily get worn in actual use.

Reate Knives are using the freeze edging technique. During grinding, the temperature on the edge is controlled in a certain level of degree, which helps keep the hardness after the heat treating. Therefore, the sharpness and durability of the blade are assured. This helps bring the performance of the material to the best.

Thank you very much for your time.

Reate Knives Team.

That bead blast handle with the marbled CF inlay looks like a genuine beauty. Do you by chance have any idea what approximate price ballpark these will be in?

They are $375 for carbon fiber and $355 for G10 at the stores I've seen

Any news on these guys? Expected delivery? Did they relent on the Micarta option? "..some come out to our USA representative," means what? I don't believe John sells to we citizens.

These are starting to pop up on a couple retailers. Just not the one I pre-ordered from...

Any Chance of purchasing a second set of scales such as the marbled CF if we wanted to change them?

fKHhy3r.jpg

VXXaubi.jpg

3uQ1Hh5.jpg

fdo32mO.jpg

Just picked one up from JDCutlery. Incredibly beautiful carbon fiber & anodized scales. My first Reate knife & I am impressed. My only knock is that the lock bar doesn't engage as far as I'd like. If you flip it lightly to open, it won't engage. Otherwise, I am overall happy.

Beautiful anno! Sounds like the lockbar needs to bent to increase tension. Simple fix but requires disassembly. Since JD already took it apart there probably isn't any thread locker.

fKHhy3r.jpg

VXXaubi.jpg

3uQ1Hh5.jpg

fdo32mO.jpg

Just picked one up from JDCutlery. Incredibly beautiful carbon fiber & anodized scales. My first Reate knife & I am impressed. My only knock is that the lock bar doesn't engage as far as I'd like. If you flip it lightly to open, it won't engage. Otherwise, I am overall happy.

I was looking at that exact knife! It looks beautiful. I had it on my list but I just bought a liong mah warrior 2 v2.... That and I have the marbled cf crossroads already, it's awesome. Nice grab!

My lock bar is perfect at 30% right from the factory. Sounds like a little exercise or sanding might help.

Hi Videorecipes, will have some come out to our USA representative.
But we don't have the release date yet.
Thank you for asking.

What happened to the micarta versions? I've only seen a couple prototypes on Instagram but none hit the market for sale .

Thank you! Is it something I should do or could I send it back to the factory & have them do it?

Take some 1000 grit sandpaper to the lockbar insert and just keep trying it till it's comfortable for you. Or just throw some CLP on the action and flip it 1000 times wearing a cut glove. Sending it to the factory is probably the best option if you have patience.

Looking at Reate's site, it doesn't even give you the option to contact them. Am I missing something? Or do I just contact JD Cutlery?

Reate is a vendor on this site, perhaps send them a message here? Click the Reate in the OP.

Found this under Contact us:
https://reateknives.com/contact/

I'm sure JD cutlery will help you out as well considering they sold it to you and they do modifications.

Back