Recommend me a front pocket wallet

I've carried an Andar Scout for a few years. Switched to cork when they released that version, and it's held up great so far.

As leather and metal wallets have become a little old that's why I prefer RFID wallets. I like this Redix wallet.

Flowfold Vanguard. Made of sailcloth, as light as 3 sheets of 8X11 paper. Handmade in the U.S.A. Got one in 2015 and it's still in my (front) pocket. Got a spare and I may never need it.

features

I was in Academy Sports yesterday and they sell a very small wallet for shorts that runs $10. It is made of nylon with zipped enclosures so you don't loos stuff. I don't think it's water proof such as you might want in a beach environment.

20200114-124838.jpg

I use the Fidelo minimalist. Mine is CF with gray leather sleeve.

I like it enough that I bought my dad, cousin, and brother-in-law ones for Xmas.

I found on esty,s a FP wallet made by a guy named shkira and made very well, fits cash/c cards as its a bifold .

I have several fp wallets, but the one I carry is the cheapest. It is made from a recycled bicycle tire. I paid $10 on Kickstarter, I believe. The profile is a little bigger than a credit card, and is divided into two equal pockets. The cards slip in from one short end, which is open. The other 3 sides are sewn shut. It does not fold.

Since the material stretches, there is almost no limit to the number of cards you can put in, within reason. Bills can be folded and slid in also, if you need to carry cash. There are no metal or leather or moving parts, just rubber and thread. It does not lose its shape. Even if you have only one card, it will not fall out. The rubbery surface keeps it from sliding out of your pocket.

One of the others I have is a nice Saddleback, but I still use this one all the time. It's probably at least 10 years old, and I don't think it can wear out. Sorry to go on so long, but I don't understand why other front pocket wallets are even being made.

I've been carrying a Popov leather wallet now for a few months and it's my favorite wallet I've ever owned. So much so in fact that I have no changed all my leather items to theirs, or at least to Horween leather because it's by far the best leather I've ever touched. All of the items I have still smell like quality leather like when I bought them. I have a wallet, belt, valet tray, keychain, pen sleeve, field notes cover, and watch bands from them. Everything is hand stitched with tiger thread and every stitch I've seen so far has been perfect.

https://www.popovleather.com/collections/leather-wallets

I've been happy with my wallet by Dango. They're not cheap but it's been well worth it to me. I carry it either in my uniform shirt pocket or in my front pocket depending on what I'm wearing. It holds everything that I need and you can place cash underneath the silicone strap. It came with the lanyard and a metal credit card size tool that I removed to save space.

20200202_022033_compress46.jpg
20200202_022040_compress64.jpg
20200202_022119_compress16.jpg 20200202_022112_compress18.jpg

If you don't mind a not very pretty wallet I'd recommend the maxpedition micro. Bifold, small and light and has room for a few cards and I put folded cash in the clear id part but make sure half of it sticks out so I can get hold of it. There is a small pocket on the outside that is just big enough for a victorinox alox bantam ;)
I use a different wallet for when I need to dress up tidy for something but that's what I use most days.

I've owned several minimalist front pocket wallets, Ridge, Dango, Trayvex, Hellbent, EOS, Zeorz. I still carry cash as times so I like having a cash strap or clip, obviously cash strap small profile doesn't take up extra room, like idea of rfid protection and carry anywhere from 2-8 cards. Ridge wallet with cash strap allows me to do so find myself carrying it majority of the time due to size an my requirements. EOS gets pocket time but doesn't have rfid protection sometimes the bands need replacing. Hellbent 3.0 with rfid is nice but little bigger does have removable money clip, which is nice. Zeorz come in 3 sizes, cash strap, no rfid, they make it in different leather options and exotics when available. The the ridge is favorite for me.

Back