Recommendation? Recommendation for a knife under $200

Good evening,
Hey guys, I'm looking for a thumb stud or hole frame lock(preferable) or liner lock knife that has a smooth action with no blade play that runs on phosphor bronze washers.

I know this might seem like a random request or a little picky but I've already own dropshutty compression lock and axis lock, dropshutty ball bearing knives, back lock knives and I've never tried a smooth glassy feeling so I'm looking for one. The budget is $200, I can stretch it to 250 but would prefer to keep it under 200.

The only knife I've seen so far that fits the description is the TRM Neutron but its gonna be hard to grab one since it sold out pretty quickly. I don't like the spyderco sage 1 or 2:oops:.

Please let me know if my budget is too low or I'm being too picky.:p

Thank you:thumbsup:

You could probably score a sweet deal for a knife in the style you wantbon the used section of this forum.

I don’t know if you like the style but the SpydieChef is a great knife in the build style you are looking for. The titanium Spyderco Military is also a great option.

I’ll 2nd any of the Syderco Military knives. Not sure about the washers though as I’m not up on washers.
I recently bought a Spyderco Mannix 2 and absolutely love it though not a linner lock.

You are not picky and your budget is more than sufficient as many quality knives are available to meet your criteria.

Get a Spyderco Military.
How does the tip-down work in such a long knife? It never made it to my list because of the tip down but I seriously reconsidering it. Thanks for the recommendation.

You could probably score a sweet deal for a knife in the style you wantbon the used section of this forum.

I don’t know if you like the style but the SpydieChef is a great knife in the build style you are looking for. The titanium Spyderco Military is also a great option.
Huh, heard of it multiple times but when it comes to buying a knife, I never actually remember it. Wow, I'm really dumb. Thanks for reminding me of a great knife that I couldn't remember!:thumbsup:

How does the tip-down work in such a long knife? It never made it to my list because of the tip down but I seriously reconsidering it. Thanks for the recommendation.

Tip down on Military is a very fine choice.

BTW, I have gotten to the point where if everything is the same, I will choose the knife with PB washers over ball bearings.

Another for the military. The g10 version carries well being slim and lightweight for the size at about 4.25 oz for a full size knife with a 4" blade. Rock solid lockup and smooth action. I normally carry tip up but The tip down is just fine. I have owned 2 and love it. Showed it to a buddy and he bought it off me right away which is why I have another one now lol. Also they come in a bunch of variations of colors, steels, handle scales, liner or frame locks, etc. great knife! As mentioNed the exchange is a great place to score a deal on whatever you decide on.

Tip down on Military is a very fine choice.

BTW, I have gotten to the point where if everything is the same, I will choose the knife with PB washers over ball bearings.
Yeah, it's kinda the same for me too. I only have 1 ball bearing knife left in the collection. Ball bearing knives are smooth but something about the smoothness of PB washers like the Rat 1 I handled is more enjoyable. Now I want to try the higher end of the spectrum of PB washers and tight tolerances:):p.

Another for the military. The g10 version carries well being slim and lightweight for the size at about 4.25 oz for a full size knife with a 4" blade. Rock solid lockup and smooth action. I normally carry tip up but The tip down is just fine. I have owned 2 and love it. Showed it to a buddy and he bought it off me right away which is why I have another one now lol. Also they come in a bunch of variations of colors, steels, handle scales, liner or frame locks, etc. great knife! As mentioNed the exchange is a great place to score a deal on whatever you decide on.
Uh, potentially dumb question: How did you carry your military tip down? did they make a sprint run of this?:eek:

I would highly suggest a GB2. Even with the slight price increase I still feel it is the best deal dollar for dollar in a knife right now, still. It’s a rock solid knife, PB washers that is smooth as glass, round hole, liner lock, 3.6 inches, and a freaking awesome steel, M4. I don’t think you can get something that is going to be better. It makes for a nice knife to take out on the weekend or for everyday hard use at work. It is just a damn good knife all around.

Back