Red alert traditionals!

This is about as Red as Red can get! All thanks to our late friend Bob Andrews!
24838722850_4540303de0_b_d.jpg

That 6207 is a beautiful pattern. That’s what a perfectly good 3-1/2” Jack Knife looked before someone at Case decided to call it a Mini Trapper and give it a big ole Spey Blade and a weird looking Clip Blade.
Agreed!

That Case is a nutritious RED, Ron!! Be careful, or you might live to be 100!!
:D

Here are some tempting patinas! Some would be tempted to clean them, with those snappy, full blades! (the bottom two of course)! I am about to oil the joints, and rub them hard with an oily microfiber cloth - period. The Barlow (Case XX USA) is more worn, and razor sharp!! I "speyed" the blades to put the "peeking" tips back into the handles. That knife is often in my bathrobe pocket:), and might be used more than most; cutting out crosswords, sudokus and articles from the morning paper!!:rolleyes: Hmmm . . . . r redden r redden , did you send me that one??
The other two might appear on my table at Oregon! They are nice ones - an XX and a ten-dot!!:D
Patinaed knives 1.jpg

Here are some tempting patinas! Some would be tempted to clean them, with those snappy, full blades! (the bottom two of course)! I am about to oil the joints, and rub them hard with an oily microfiber cloth - period. The Barlow (Case XX USA) is more worn, and razor sharp!! I "speyed" the blades to put the "peeking" tips back into the handles. That knife is often in my bathrobe pocket:), and might be used more than most; cutting out crosswords, sudokus and articles from the morning paper!!:rolleyes: Hmmm . . . . r redden r redden , did you send me that one??
The other two might appear on my table at Oregon! They are nice ones - an XX and a ten-dot!!:D
View attachment 876024
Charlie that is a fine trio of knives my friend! :) Each one good enough to keep in a collection or drop in your pocket and let it fulfill its intended purpose! That 6232 is one of my favorites. :cool:

Here’s another Red. It’s a 06247 PEN from 1972. I gifted this one to BigBiscuit and I hope Bo is enjoying it in his collection now. :D

24506477531_ac4b777324_b_d.jpg

I did send that to you Charlie glad you are putting it to use. I sharpened it before I sent it and as I remember it did take an amazing edge.
I don't remember how long I have had it now, but it's at least a couple of years - and it's only needed a couple of stroppings!! Thanks again, Randy! It always feels great to keep an old knife purring along!!:thumbsup:

Thanks Charlie! :) Here’s another one I enjoy staying healthy with! ;)

32348543590_8ae0d83081_b_d.jpg

I like your taste in Case Redbones, Ron! What pattern is that "healthy" one??:)

I don't remember how long I have had it now, but it's at least a couple of years - and it's only needed a couple of stroppings!! Thanks again, Randy! It always feels great to keep an old knife purring along!!:thumbsup:

I like your taste in Case Redbones, Ron! What pattern is that "healthy" one??:)
Thanks Charlie! :) That is a 06247 PEN. These are one of my favorites. They have the same frame as the 47 stockman, 3-7/8” in length. They share the same clip master. They are a single spring and for their length they are quite a great joy to carry. These I have posted from the 70’s have nickel silver liners. They changed them to brass later on before they were discontinued. :)

Thanks Charlie! :) That is a 06247 PEN. These are one of my favorites. They have the same frame as the 47 stockman, 3-7/8” in length. They share the same clip master. They are a single spring and for their length they are quite a great joy to carry. These I have posted from the 70’s have nickel silver liners. They changed them to brass later on before they were discontinued. :)
That's a great pattern, Ron!!:thumbsup: From many past postings, I know we are both single-spring aficionados!!:)

Back