Recommendation? Red Dot

Love my Romeo. Stays turned on but has a huge battery life. It’s kinda like the refrigerator light. Is it on when there’s no motion. Used a sitelite mag bore sight to get it close. Both of those items will stay close to your budget. Enjoy!

I have an Ultradot on a Ruger Redhawk 44 magnum. Ultradots are extremely tough. And I find a tube type sight is faster for me to acquire on a handgun. You naturally look through the tube, where a reflex style sight is easier to lose the dot. But with a rifle, you won't have that problem. Ultradot makes both styles. Aimpoint and EoTech are both great, but expensive. I've always wanted to try the Burris Fastfire. Because it shuts off automatically.

I went with the Romeo 5 XDR predator version. I have a rare eye condition from childhood brain surgery, so I can switch dominant eye and shoot with both eyes open anyway. I shoot rifles lefty (I can shoot righty, but not as accurately).

I miffed because it was shipped FedEx signature required. Which I have to pick it up at the local facility since I can't be home for it, and the local facility is almost 20 miles away. Oh the humanity!

9kqEHX8.jpg

Red Dot to try it out? Bushnell TRS-25, occasionally on sale @ $75, MSRP $105+-. Have one on an AR, AK, 10-22, no problems with plenty of rounds down range.
Would I bet my life on those? No, but that's why I have Aimpoint on my go to AR.

Holosun.

Seems to work just as well as my Aimpoint that cost 8X more.

Back