1. Week 47 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Kizer Knives 1028A1 Dirk Pinkerton Lancer
    Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Knives 1028A1 Dirk Pinkerton Lancer + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships! Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Nov 23 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  2. Week 44 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream, going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    a Spyderco C230GPPBK Lil Native Black Blade & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, Cold Steel Stickers & Boker Tree Brand Hat , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)
  3. Esav Benyamin has passed. Please pay your respects here

Red M390 PM2 dropping 7/17

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by NateHodge, Jul 3, 2019.

1. BladeRunner181

BladeRunner181

Aug 20, 2013
    I got mine in today and now I see why the PM2 is so loved! I've never even held one before. It's perfectly centered and drops free without any stickiness in the lock. That compression lock is really amazing! Almost feels like a surgical tool in my hand lol

I must confess, I only bought this knife knowing I could easily sell it if I didn't like it. That's not gonna happen and I can already see myself buying more PM2s.... :eek: The sickness is real!

dman62, insta9ves, TheFactor and 2 others like this.
  2. J-RAY1989

J-RAY1989 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 14, 2019
    It really is the perfect knife IMO. I was buying all these different knives, different brands and sizes and grinds..... Until I bout the s110v pm2. Since then I haven't bought any other knife. Might add a para 3 just to try it out, but I've found the perfect knife for me.

BladeRunner181 likes this.
  3. Condition-yellow

Condition-yellow

Oct 11, 2013
    Ha, I just called them up and snagged one. They had a few cancellations, for anyone that wants to give it a shot.

Dadpool likes this.
  4. DRLyman

DRLyman Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 25, 2016
    Working now for me. They look good. I like the red and black.

TheFactor and J-RAY1989 like this.
  5. buckeyejake

buckeyejake

Dec 28, 2013
    Got mine this morning, Two days thats moving right along. I think the g10 was a little rougher than manix2 i got in jan . The knife came nice and easy opening. I believe i will keep mint for awhile. Just carry the manix2.
    Thank you Dlt and spyderco. Eye candy for sure .

Jake

Dadpool likes this.
  6. Jaydud

Jaydud Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 24, 2015
    That coated m4 with red scale is awesome!!!!

4jlcc and J-RAY1989 like this.
  7. J-RAY1989

Jun 14, 2019
    That gave me hell to do. One of the silver screws from the red dlt didn't want to give. Had to take it apart and hold the barrel spacer in the vise to get it out. The bladehq m4 came apart easy enough. All in all I'm happy with how it turned out minus wearing some of the black paint off the screws.

8. IDKsteel

IDKsteel

May 26, 2019
    Dear Spyderco,
    I’ve carried the PM2 nearly every day for a decade. Why do I have to jump through some random company website’s hoops; leading up emails, notify me emails, read some damn forum updates, get apology “special link” emails....all to not own M390?

Just make some, thanks. I don’t care what color or how much it costs.

I’d like to use one...not resell or protect it. It’s not special. Make some.

Once I lost a PM2. Winter came and went and it was found. I lived 2500 miles from there and it was shipped back to me.

9. 7east

7east Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 20, 2017
    ***** *** has their exclusive blue PM2 M390’s in stock right now.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2019
  10. DRLyman

Jun 25, 2016
    This will be copied and pasted from their website. Give them a call and they should sell you new black screws. That worked for me a couple years back.

Spyderco Factory Outlet
    Hours: (Mountain Standard Time)
    Monday-Friday: 9:00 to 5:00
    Saturday: 10:00 to 5:00
    Sunday: Closed

Phone: 303-279-8383 x 107
    Toll-Free: 800-525-7770 x 107

11. J-RAY1989

Jun 14, 2019
    Great idea. Id assume they're reasonably priced? That will definitely be the icing on the cake for that knife.

12. DRLyman

Jun 25, 2016
    If I remember correctly, I bought a few sets and it was less than $10 shipping included. Hopefully they still sell them. Let us know how you make out.

J-RAY1989 likes this.
  13. Colorodo

Colorodo Gold Member Gold Member

May 23, 2014
    Received mine yesterday, fast shipping, thank you DLTTRADING. I am ready for a Military in Maxamet with Natural G10.

14. Hologram

Hologram Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 3, 2019
    Got mine yesterday too. Now I'm waiting for a matching Para 3 sprint run in the same color with equivalent steel.

cbr1000 likes this.
  15. fonedork

fonedork Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jul 7, 2011
    If what you said is true. You’re in luck, they are available at another retailer in blue, right now, available to buy, for around $50 more. I’m posting this as reply to save you having to read the other thread about that m390 Para 2 variant that is currently available. Also I see now that someone mentioned it in the comment immediately after yours.

16. Dadpool

Dadpool Gold Member Gold Member

May 18, 2015
    I was in the "second batch" of shipments, just arrived today. What a great knife!

[​IMG]

17. es335

es335

Jul 20, 2019
    I'm new to knives, assuming they ever do another run, anyone know if I'd be able to get one into Canada, or will it be seized by customs?

18. J-RAY1989

Jun 14, 2019
    Don't quote me on this, but others on here have said importing into Canada is a nightmare. I would try to find another Canadian on here that can help you out with more information.

19. Alberta Hunter

Alberta Hunter

Apr 29, 2018
    DLT has said that this is their last batch of PM2's. CBSA is a nightmare and it would seem that there is no
    consistency whatsoever with their seizure police. I have heard that some will open and then forward knives that you would think would be seized for sure because they have flippers; and some people have had Swiss Army knives and even knives with back-locks seized. Some people have ordered Spyderco Military's and had them sail through after being checked- and then had another Military seized later!

The only thing that I would personally risk at this point is a fixed blade; but YMMV.

es335 likes this.
  20. Kiteman72

Kiteman72 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 22, 2015
    This thing is fantastic! It has rarely left my pocket since I got it and my M390 Delica is starting to get jealous!

Thanks so much to DLT for the 2nd run of these. :thumbsup: