red trout

anyone seen the new knives from red trout cutlery? just snagged a desert ironwood. boys knife just like latest from csc co-op. read their master cutler made a very limited edition for a gentlemen who wanted his own tang stamp and shield. limited info on his forum store. didn't score a csc co-op, but this may be even better.

Thanks for posting this - I grabbed a couple. One in green G10. One that looks like a grab bag of 5 possible knives, not sure which I'll be receiving.

anyone seen the new knives from red trout cutlery? just snagged a desert ironwood. boys knife just like latest from csc co-op. read their master cutler made a very limited edition for a gentlemen who wanted his own tang stamp and shield. limited info on his forum store. didn't score a csc co-op, but this may be even better.
Could you PM the link to me? Thanks.

Are these blades 1095 steel? Not much of a description at the sale site.

I just sent in my check for one in ironwood. I'm heading out of town next week, so I probably won't see it until after the fourth. Normally I would have waited until I got back, but there are so few of these that I thought they might all be gone in a week or so. I think I got the last ironwood one and he's not listing the blue anymore.
Something to look forward too :)

Today I received the first two of the three Red Trout SFOs I ordered. Waiting for #3 before I take some pics. In the meantime, I thought I'd report a couple of things that weren't obvious (at least to me) in photos or in the sales listings. First, the blades are satin finished, unlike previous CSC Co-Op knives which had full polished blades. Second, these Red Trout knives have firm pulls in the 6-7 range and are the most delightfully snappy CSC boys' knives I've yet had the pleasure to handle.

yeah, I like my ironwood a lot. love the shield. does have one slightly unusual oddity when open. spring and tang meet perfect, but they sit higher than the liner and bolster. probably 1/16 of an inch. wonder if that puts any undo stress on the spring? still, very happy I was able to grab one. can't wait for your pics.

I agree walk & talk is impressive on the Red Trout version.

NdqDkYn.jpg
wow love the green jigged bone. Hard to find information on these. Is there an actual website for these, or are they just listed for sale on another forum site? And if I understand correctly made by the new CSC? Thanks

Back