red trout

Here's a list of the knives that were made, thought I had posted this but apparently not. Sorry about that!

Teal Green G10 - 7 knives

Brown Linen Micarta - 3 knives

Curly Maple - 5 knives

Abalone - 3 knives

Pau Abalone (blue) - 4 knives

Leopard Wood - 2 knives

Blue and Yellow Kirinite - 3 knives

Grey and Red Kirinite - 2 knives

Green Jigged Bone - 5 knives

Blue Rope Jigged Bone - 8 knives

Desert Ironwood - 3 knives

Gabon Ebony - 3 knives

Eric

First of all thanks Mighty for starting this thread. I don't think I would have known about Red Trout knives. I did see them on the other site but didn't really look at them until I saw this thread.
That being said, I'm waiting for delivery of the last green jigged sold.
Pics later.

First of all thanks Mighty for starting this thread. I don't think I would have known about Red Trout knives. I did see them on the other site but didn't really look at them until I saw this thread.
Pics later.
When I bought mine, it was the last one available also.

Well we have two of the five. LOL
Mine hasn't shipped yet. If it has I didn't get a notice. Really looking forward to it.
I wonder if Red Trout will contract for more.
I would be game.
On another note. This is to Eric. Will you ever make any stockmans? I had one of yours with great amber bone slabs. Now that Queen is gone there might be a market for knives with those covers.
How about gunstocks?

Mine hasn't shipped yet. If it has I didn't get a notice. Really looking forward to it.
I would be game.
On another note. This is to Eric. Will you ever make any stockmans? I had one of yours with great amber bone slabs. Now that Queen is gone there might be a market for knives with those covers.
How about gunstocks?
I never received a shipping confirmation, it just showed up in my mail box a few days after ordering.

I would be game.
How about gunstocks?

Not sure what he has in mind, although I wouldn't be surprises if he ordered more at some point down the line, maybe with a different blade?

I'm not sure what Wally has planned as far as patterns, a stockman might be a stretch at this point just because of the number of parts involved. A gunstock would be very cool, I might just do one of those myself at some time in the future ;)

Eric

It never fails around here.
Just innocently click on some thread, "red trout"? Sounds weird, I wonder what they're talking about in there?
Next thing you know, you're ordering a freakin' knife!

I know a lot of folks aren't crazy about kirinite, but I couldn't resist the blue/yellow combo on a great looking stainless bladed pocket knife. I hope the snap on mine is as good as others have reported! :thumbsup:

Thanks ea42 ea42 for making these!

I know a lot of folks aren't crazy about kirinite, but I couldn't resist the blue/yellow combo on a great looking stainless bladed pocket knife.

Good choice. I like a little kirinite every now and then for color and variety. The gray & red one keeps calling to me, but it's just not in the budget right now.

Good choice. I like a little kirinite every now and then for color and variety. The gray & red one keeps calling to me, but it's just not in the budget right now.
I hear ya there! I was also eyeing that snazzy red/black number, but could only afford the one right now.

I also collect antique marbles and the kirinites really go well with colorful glass. Eventually I'm going to get taught to do pics on here and blow everybody's mind, haha.

Say, it didn't occur to me before, but I am wondering if the shields on these are pinned.

Pics later.
you are welcome. guess he is 80 years old or so. sounds like this was a dream for him and he had the connections, so why not make a few nice knives. who here wouldn't like their own tang stamp and shield. I know I would. just trying to help spread the word and the happiness.

I am soooo stoked to get my hands on this Boy's Knife!

Since a stockman was suggested, I would like to see a 2 blade jack, just like this one, but with a pen blade.

and don't expect a shipping notice, mine showed up in 3 days. seems like when one sells, he will just re-list it if he has another. with only 50 made, and who knows if there is more to come, I'm just happy to have one.

I shouldn't have looked again...the other night I just saw the kirinite knives...today I found a blue rope jigged bone.....had to do it. One of my favorite handle materials.

Eric, they look killer man. Tell Wally the people need a CSC sheepsfoot Barlow!!

When the relaunch of CSC was announced, one of my first thoughts was, "I hope they release a boys' knife in blue rope bone." It's such a striking and unique jigging pattern, and historically speaking, I like the continuity it brings to the Schrade/CSC timeline. Basicaly, I've been jonesing for a blue rope bone boys' knife ever since the release of the original Eric's Jack. So I'm really happy I was able to add this one to my collection. And I'm really happy that it has the Red Trout shield -- IMO a silver colored shield works better against the dark blue than the standard brass CSC shield.

Anyway, at the same time I ordered the blue rope bone knife, I also got the one in green G10. And I thought that was going to be it for me as far as the Red Trout SFOs. But the next day (like JustinR in the post above) I went back to look again and saw that Mr. Red Trout had posted the paua abalone knife for sale. If blue rope bone was #1 on the list of handle materials I wanted to see on a CSC boys' knife, abalone was #2. So I had to pick that one up as well.

Anyway, the abalone knife arrived today, so I shot a hasty pic of all three together. Very pleased with these.

k4KTBoZ.jpg

When the relaunch of CSC was announced, one of my first thoughts was, "I hope they release a boys' knife in blue rope bone." It's such a striking and unique jigging pattern, and historically speaking, I like the continuity it brings to the Schrade/CSC timeline. Basicaly, I've been jonesing for a blue rope bone boys' knife ever since the release of the original Eric's Jack. So I'm really happy I was able to add this one to my collection. And I'm really happy that it has the Red Trout shield -- IMO a silver colored shield works better against the dark blue than the standard brass CSC shield.

Anyway, at the same time I ordered the blue rope bone knife, I also got the one in green G10. And I thought that was going to be it for me as far as the Red Trout SFOs. But the next day (like JustinR in the post above) I went back to look again and saw that Mr. Red Trout had posted the paua abalone knife for sale. If blue rope bone was #1 on the list of handle materials I wanted to see on a CSC boys' knife, abalone was #2. So I had to pick that one up as well.

Anyway, the abalone knife arrived today, so I shot a hasty pic of all three together. Very pleased with these.

k4KTBoZ.jpg
I have to agree, I think the silver shield looks better than the brass, it matches bolster/blades. Nice trio, hit me up if you want to let the green G10 go.

Back