Attention Redmeadow Email Newsletter (Dibs, Sales, Etc..)

Redmeadow Knives

John Conner
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Skip to the Bold below for the tl;dr version.

Since it looks like Bladeforums Members may eat each other and the forum alive (I somewhat jest, but the Back end is on fire with members reporting on each other, very interesting to watch) now seems like a good time to start the email notification list.

Let me be clear, I am not leaving this forum whatsoever, nor is this a knee jerk decision, I have been planning to start an email notification list for a while, especially for Dibs on the Cowbells, I'm getting a lot of interest in them recently.

Open Dibs announcements will be done first by email, then through the forum. The intent is to give you guys that have been patiently waiting first crack at a Dibs slot. If the list doesn't fill up there, then I'll offer them here in the forum.

The emails will be few and far between, and only when there is information to put out, once a month at most. I'll not flood your email with banter, that's what this sub forum is for.

If you want to be on the email list to be informed about Dibs, Sales, Offers and whatnot, contact me with your email address.

Email: redmeadowknives@gmail.com
Instagram: @redmeadow_knives
Bladeforums: PM/Conversation
Text: (MT) 470 4123

Thanks!

Last edited:
(I somewhat jest, but the Back end is on fire with members reporting on each other, very interesting to watch) now seems like a good time to start the email notification list.

Damn... Really?! Good grief.

I just want to tell folks:

e95u4xE.jpg

John, I think you have my email address (speaking of which, I'll have some updates for you real soon). Please feel free to add my email to the list - if You'd prefer, I can send a separate email request too.

I just sent out a test email, if you didn't get it let me know and we'll get things sorted:thumbsup:

Got it Scott :thumbsup:

FYI, I Haven't sent an email yet, I'll let you knew when it goes out beforehand. I'm trying to make sure everyone's addresses are private and Gmail is not making pasting into Bcc easy for some reason. I've got it worked out now. Maybe I'll look into a Newsletter service.

Got it Scott :thumbsup:

FYI, I Haven't sent an email yet, I'll let you knew when it goes out beforehand. I'm trying to make sure everyone's addresses are private and Gmail is not making pasting into Bcc easy for some reason. I've got it worked out now. Maybe I'll look into a Newsletter service.

Constant Contact starts at $20/month. That in mind, have you considered a Patreon page, John? It might help offset the cost of a service.

Constant Contact starts at $20/month. That in mind, have you considered a Patreon page, John? It might help offset the cost of a service.
I've never considered a Patreon account but have you signed up for my Onlyfans?
49eea9359090597c6980f0a15f098288.jpg

Ok on a serious note I hadn't considered it. To be honest I'm on the fence on whether to increase my online presence and content or reduce it down to the Newsletter and Bladeforums.

I guess that would depend on how many knives you want to make or have time to make.

As for Patreon, I haven't seen any other makers here plugging theirs so I don't even know if it would fly with Spark.

Theoretically you could reduce your online presence to just Patreon and minimize public posts if you could gather enough Patreon contributors here. This would also reduce the amount of question and answer interactions you have to deal with on sites like Instagram or Facebook.

The problem with Patreon is, paying members tend to demand more interaction or freebies or steep discounts as if you owe it to them. If you don't post content regularly enough, they'll cry or pull their monthly subscription/donation too.

I am a patron of only one YouTube channel. It's $1/month. He's a good guy and it's the least I can do. He has a passion for the subject, has a whole lot of fun with it and is very thankful for the small amount his fans contribute every month.

Yeah, I am so anti monthly payments I don't think I could ask that of anyone else. I cant stand to be nickel and dimed. Though I did look into the Crafsmans patreon, I just cant bring myself to create a monthly bill.

I'd like to build more of a following by the time I retire and can invest more time into Redmeadow. I'm just hesitant to put myself out there more. Everybody and their brother is trying to get their 15 minutes of fame and it's a bit annoying. Plus theres a lot of folks out there trying to get your dollar, and some of them will take two if you let them. That ain't me, although, I'd consider nekkid grinding videos for a couple bucks a month:p

Back