Redmeadow: Irons in the Fire

Congrats, she's beautiful! That's too funny about your boy, he's in his own little world right now, that's awesome.

Here is a picture of Kiana is is my fifth grandchild. It is so funny having my son hovering over me and telling me what to do with her. Every sound and he is up looking at her. I have been reminding him that I might know what to do with a baby and laughing.
View attachment 1105961

Bella keeping an eye on Kiana and making sure Nawnaw is taking good care of her.

View attachment 1106181 View attachment 1106182

Gotta echo the congratulations "Gregpa":D! Great looking little girl there! :):thumbsup::thumbsup:

I just picked up a chunk of leaf spring off one of the trucks here. It's roughly 18 inches long and it tapers up to probably 3/4 in thick. Do you want it for forging practice? I'm betting it's good 5160.
If I had a forge I'd be making a new axe I think.

I just picked up a chunk of leaf spring off one of the trucks here. It's roughly 18 inches long and it tapers up to probably 3/4 in thick. Do you want it for forging practice? I'm betting it's good 5160.

Got any old brake drums lying around the yard?

Thanks Mack but I've got a few leaf springs, wouldn't be worth the hassle for you to ship. I'd always read that Ruana started with 30's Studebaker springs. I have some from a 30's Plymouth that I'd like to use one day.

Here is a picture of Kiana is is my fifth grandchild. It is so funny having my son hovering over me and telling me what to do with her. Every sound and he is up looking at her. I have been reminding him that I might know what to do with a baby and laughing.
View attachment 1105961
Congratulations!

Back