• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

ReGZ-93 not responding to email, but did just issue me a refund

I purchased a knife from ReGZ_93 on Feb 10 and now March 3 and no knife. He stated he had a family emergency and sent the knife to someone else and was making arrangements to have the knife redirected to me that was Feb 22.I told him that was acceptable to have the knife sent to me, he never got back to me with any further updates on this. I think i have waited long enough. He has not returned any emails or request for a refund. I have checked and he has logged in multiple times since his last email on Feb 22. I will send him a link to this page as well email it to him.

This transpired on Feb 10:

Thanks for the prompt payment. I'll send it out to you tomorrow.

Thanks again,

Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2014 15:17:14 -0600
Subject: RE: Mini Stryker for Sale on Bladeforums

sent.

-------- Original message --------
Date:02/10/2014 3:09 PM (GMT-06:00)

It's yours for $XX. My Paypal address is. My wife really wants me to thin the herd.

Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2014 15:02:03 -0600

id really like to send you XX bucks right now.

-------- Original message --------
Date:02/10/2014 2:20 PM (GMT-06:00)

Hi Rob,

I'd be willing to work with you on the price. What price were you thinking of?

Thanks,

I received this on Feb 22

I'm sorry I haven't replied sooner. I had a family emergency I had to attend to. I did send your knife out, but I put the wrong shipping label on it. I really apologize about that. I'm making arrangements to have the knife forwarded to you. I promise to keep you updated.

If this is not acceptable to you, I'll refund the ammount you paid.

I really do apologize for the inconvenience,

Last edited:
As long as you didn't send the money via PayPal gift, file a claim. If you didn't receive the knife and he's not responding to your e-mails, it's an open and shut case in your favor.

Again I will reiterate what the post above said. DO NOT use paypal gift for purchases. You end up screwing yourself over in the long run and then these situation turn into multipage drama wars. I've sent ReGZ a private message with a link to this thread. He logged in today at some point, so if he has time to do that he can reply to this thread and provide a status report for the OP. Emergencies are bad, especially if and when families are involved; but a quick email or something goes a long way to prevent hard feelings from developing.

"Emergencies are bad, especially if and when families are involved; but a quick email or something goes a long way to prevent hard feelings from developing."

I guess...there seems to be a pattern of "family emergencies" cropping up pretty regularly when someone fails to deliver a knife as promised. What kind of family emergency could delay a knife being mailed a mo or two late or not at all? You can't answer an e-mail? What? I could understand if the seller was incapacitated. You know, in a coma or something. But how hard and how long does it take to put the dang knife in a box and mail it? Lost in a house fire. Yep. Earthquake? Yep. TEOTWAWKI? Yep... Daughter is having brain surgery? Not so much..mail the damn knife.

We don't know, but I give everyone the benefit of the doubt one time, if they prove to be a liar then I have a special button on my keyboard for such a situation. What pisses everyone off too is the lack of common sense on the part of so many people using the "gift" feature of Paypal. If someone cannot understand what the potential of doing that has on their deal, they shouldn't be buying anything to begin with.

"Emergencies are bad, especially if and when families are involved; but a quick email or something goes a long way to prevent hard feelings from developing."

I guess...there seems to be a pattern of "family emergencies" cropping up pretty regularly when someone fails to deliver a knife as promised. What kind of family emergency could delay a knife being mailed a mo or two late or not at all? You can't answer an e-mail? What? I could understand if the seller was incapacitated. You know, in a coma or something. But how hard and how long does it take to put the dang knife in a box and mail it? Lost in a house fire. Yep. Earthquake? Yep. TEOTWAWKI? Yep... Daughter is having brain surgery? Not so much..mail the damn knife.

Have you ever had a child need brain surgery? I have, 2 years ago our [now 6 year old] daughter suffered a bump on the head, 12 hours later she was in a coma on a ventilator and needed emergency brain surgery, she didn't wake up for 16 days, our lives stopped during that time, as in a complete shut down of even the most basic daily stuff; laundry, mail, paying the bill's, feeding the dogs (thankfully my sister could do all that for us), during that time nothing else mattered... Scariest part, she walked away after the impact like nothing was wrong, we took her to the ER and she was talking fine the whole way there, she didn't go out will till after we were in a room waiting on the DR thinking we were gonna get an "all clear, go on home" but nope, I don't believe in god but I have seen to hell, it looks like a little 4 year old girl unresponsive with tubes coming out of her and a brain wave monitor silently plotting a near flat line.

I understand what your saying but poor example.

Last edited:
I completely understand life events take place and take priority over online stuff, my issue is he keeps logging in doing stuff. It was $70 bucks he has scammed me out, which isn't the end of the world just a frustrating amount. I did send it "gift" I wont be giving people that benefit again, i know this is my bad and am realistically out of $70, i figure live and learn.

I did locate his Facebook page since he has a unique real name and his location in in his profile, any thoughts on sending him a message and another link to this page?

I completely understand life events take place and take priority over online stuff, my issue is he keeps logging in doing stuff. It was $70 bucks he has scammed me out, which isn't the end of the world just a frustrating amount. I did send it "gift" I wont be giving people that benefit again, i know this is my bad and am realistically out of $70, i figure live and learn.

I did locate his Facebook page since he has a unique real name and his location in in his profile, any thoughts on sending him a message and another link to this page?

Do it! Make him aware that you aren't going away. But, do it in a tactful manner.

Here is what was posted, Hello, it's (my name) the guy that bought the mini Stryker from you on bladeforum. I'm sorry to contact you like this but I have no other options left, you haven't returned my emails or messages. I understand life gets complicated and emergencies happen. I am just asking for you to make this right. Here is a thread that I created on bladeforum http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/1159654-ReGZ-93-not-responding-to-email

He's online tonite at 11:15, hopefully he will respond. Never ever pay gift on paypal, and in addition to that, when I see the seller wants me to pay the fees in addition I just move along. If they are willing to rip off paypal why would they be straight with a buyer.

Here is a link to the original sales thread. http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/1152741-A-Couple-of-Protechs-and-a-Benchmade

TheAndrew bought a knife from the thread and received it promptly and left feedback that reflect their transaction.

I went through mirrored situation as watson0179, although ours was a trade not a sale. ReGZ_93 contacted me after I made the thread via email stating pretty much the same thing about a family emergency and apologized. He came through in the end.

2/3 might be a Hall of Fame average for baseball, not here. I hope everything works out for you in the end.

Family emergency? Cereal_killer, if I may inquire, during that time did you log on here at all?

If I was in that situation, I would probably find a moment to send an quick email to the recipient, especially if I had logged on multiple times since.

Two excuses are always red flags in any scenario, any good bull$&itter knows that :p

Sorry this happened to ya, happy to see the mods all over it.

No response from the seller, again i messed up by giving him the benefit of sending it gift. Its been a LONG time since ive been burned on a forum transaction(first here) i guess i got to comfortable sending money, i hope he uses the money wiser than i did. I'm glad this wasn't a bigger burn but live and learn. He never responded to my facebook message or emails, or other messages.

I've sent a final warning, he has a week to refund or ship what he sold. Otherwise the account gets banned. One more thing, Stop using paypal gift!

Quick update Regz-93 has not made contact with anything I've sent him, Facebook,here, emails nothing since the last message on 3-5 to him with no response. No knife, no money, no contact back, but keeps loging in.

4 days left to do the right thing. Tick...tock... Remember, this is why you don't want to use Paypal gift, you need to research the people you are buying from, and read some of their posting history before making any deals.

The last time he logged in was 10.18pm tonight just after rev left his message and then he logged off i think he does not care if he gets banned or not.

I hate to sound cold but the family emergency excuse is now older than mold. Really, how much time does it take to make a quick phone call or write a quick E-mail?

My bet would be less time than it did for him to visit BFC.

This duck is woddling and quacking...........

Back