REK Ember fixed blade discussion thread

Inappropriate Content
That being said, be careful if hunting for one....I posted a WTB for an ember 3.5 and a Q (still trying to find a custom or ???) on the REK sales group in Facebook and have had 5 scammers hit me up so far. They've used photos from Josh, legitimate sellers and some might have been photos from here. Some even made some pretty convincing photo shop time stamp photos. Crazy. I'm thinking Facebook isn't the place to buy knives.....

Last edited by a moderator:
That being said, be careful if hunting for one....I posted a WTB for an ember 3.5 and a Q (still trying to find a custom or ???) on the REK sales group in Facebook and have had 5 scammers hit me up so far. They've used photos from Josh, legitimate sellers and some might have been photos from here. Some even made some pretty convincing photo shop time stamp photos. Crazy. I'm thinking Facebook isn't the place to buy knives.....
That's crazy!! Hope no one has fallen for that ugh

That's crazy!! Hope no one has fallen for that ugh

The funny thing is it's a small group. 369 members. You would think it would be pretty tight knit and controlled. 5 accounts, all created at least 2 years ago, a couple were over 4 years. The newest member joined in December. They usually can't wait more than a few weeks before they try to scam. Not your typical burner accounts. One of the 5 might be legit, but hasn't passed my vetting and makes my spider sense go off just enough that I probably won't risk it. Guess I'll have to keep pining after a 3.5 !!! Not falling into THAT trap.

Unfortunately, we've had to identify and remove several scammers from this site of late. Just removed one the other day who was in the process of defrauding multiple members via several listings on this site. I'm pretty sure he got at least one before I came across an offer of his and detected the con.

Be careful folks. Do your homework, and if a deal seems too good to be true...you guessed it...it most probably is.

Any idea why a mod flagged your post as inappropriate?

Any idea why a mod flagged your post as inappropriate?
It was the portion about "fellatio" which was edited out. (BF has certain rules and guidelines.)

Any reason you couldn't have asked him this privately via PM rather than open an off-topic discussion here?

Back