REK Q fixed blade thread

blades are waterjet and milled! Scales up within the next 2 weeks then I should have in hand to rough grind.

i-WwbSw9n-X2.jpg

Ever sell this? If not. Price?

Yep! Will really be neat to get these in hand with the scales, can't wait haha

Still trying to figure out exactly how to finish the blade out after ht... Maybe an acid wash or tumble

Acid wash looks cool...until you use it. I'm not a fan personally.

I think tumbled/stonewash would be cool. Maybe you could bling some out with cerakote if someone wants to option one up.

Acid wash looks cool...until you use it. I'm not a fan personally.

I think tumbled/stonewash would be cool. Maybe you could bling some out with cerakote if someone wants to option one up.
Yeah, I actually saw a buffed rolled mill finish which looked decent on a White River Ursus I worked on recently, that may be an option as well.

Good thing about Cruwear is that I can DLC it w/ no issues so that may be on the table for a some of these as well... or Cerakote, but Cerakote just doesn't hold up as well as DLC does, even if more corrosion resistant :)

Yeah, I actually saw a buffed rolled mill finish which looked decent on a White River Ursus I worked on recently, that may be an option as well.

Good thing about Cruwear is that I can DLC it w/ no issues so that may be on the table for a some of these as well... or Cerakote, but Cerakote just doesn't hold up as well as DLC does, even if more corrosion resistant :)
I'm a fan of the mill scale with a natural ground 600ish grit bevel.
On mine anyway;), can't get much simpler than that finish.:D

I really need to come up w/ a name for these blades as I would like to make them a regular offering... any ideas guys? one idea I had was to name it UKM (Utility Knife Medium) then I would have the option to make a larger and smaller size in the future and name them appropriately but that's probably a dumb name lol - so I'm all ears.

Looks great in person, a lot has gone into making this perfect. I don’t remember, are these all spoken for?
None are spoken for (not taking deposits) - will be first come first serve, but I'm sure there will be plenty. There will be over 30 available and I'm not that widely known yet haha

I've had people say they want one here on Bladeforums though, so as long as no one dawdles too terribly long it shouldn't be an issue! :)

None are spoken for (not taking deposits) - will be first come first serve, but I'm sure there will be plenty. There will be over 30 available and I'm not that widely known yet haha

I've had people say they want one here on Bladeforums though, so as long as no one dawdles too terribly long it shouldn't be an issue! :)
I kind of hoped that the first offering would be a sleeper, the folder is going to be another story.;)

I couldn't figure out that instagram thing with one of your offerings.:(
I see a few makers offering up their wares on social media with time of release on their websites.
That's easy enough even for me to figure out.
I didn't get the knife but it was a simple process.

There will be no dawdling here ! Lol :) In for one and if there’s enough two :) Hopefully your listing them here first. As I don’t follow social media stuff.
That jumping looks great !!

There will be no dawdling here ! Lol :) In for one and if there’s enough two :) Hopefully your listing them here first. As I don’t follow social media stuff.
That jumping looks great !!
That’s why I asked since I’m an older dog and never have done social media stuff.:eek: In watching the progress and attention to detail, one would have a screw loose not to jump on one of these, should be a great working knife.;)

Well how about this... I don't want to take any deposits or anything, but, if you are absolutely sure you will want one (or two) please contact me privately with your scale combo and I will try to reserve them for you. These will be going for $325 with a kydex sheath (but no belt loop), 120 grit grind finish. Edge will likely be .015-.020" thick at 15 dps which should work perfect on cruwear at 63-64rc.

You guys have been with me from the beginning design phase all the way to production and I certainly want to honor that.

Also, if you will want any customization please let me know what you are thinking, I will try to oblige within reason (for an upgraded fee of course as each thing takes time). Things such as thick or thinly ground, higher grit finish, dlc coating, etc.

Last edited:
Handles are done! They weren't able to get the texture in the micarta but I don't think it will cause any issues w/ grip - wasn't in the original plan anyway just an afterthought :) there should be plenty of contouring for a nice comfortable grip during use! I'll probably blast though for a more matte, soft feel.

So stoked!:D

i-tDcdTbP-X2.jpg

Back