REKAT Sifu discontinued

I just saw a post from Fred at Knife Outlet that REKAT discontinued the Sifu. Argh!!! :(

Is this confirmed? Does anyone have any information on why they decided to stop making my favorite mega-folder?

I'm glad that the CUDA Maxx will soon be available to fill that gap, but I had hoped we'd finally have more competition in the mega-folder arena.

--Bob Q

Sort of...

While I like their knives, and love the Sifu - I have 3 - their PR just turned me off to them.

AL

If this is the case, maybe they were having more problems with this knife than they were letting on here. Either that or the sales had fallen below the levels needed to keep it a viable product. Those are the usual reasons for a product to be discontinued. Sometimes though, it is just because the company feels that it is time for some changes.

My understanding (third hand) is that the knife was just too difficult to make. Apparently they had a lot of rejects and reworks. It was easily the best selling REKAT of all time. I guess good things are sometimes difficult. Take care.

well well well - i read on this very forum a thread from bob brothers and he said 2 (two) sifus came back for repair that wasnt due to 'abuse' EVER - makes ya wonder?? i guess my sifu was one of the two also - it certainly hadnt been abused

well, maybe bob/christina have something to say, maybe its not true!!

glockman will be crushed

i guess it makes my sifu spec edition worth more $$ though, glad i didnt really hardly carry it, its still 98+%

bob said rekat was concentrating on the tool part of the co, maybe before long all knives will suffer the same fate

sifu

I think it would be best if REKAT sold the designs to a company that didn't run their PR like @$$holes.

The Knifecenter's Sifu-page has become a dead link. This is happening fast...
The Sifu wasn't high on my wish-list but it WAS on it. Dammit... :(

Originally posted by Paul Work
glockman will be crushed.

Paul

...Sorry guys, but I just can't talk right now...I'm in shock, I'm in mourning, and I'm PISSED!!.:eek:.:(.:mad:.

How can THEY kill my all-time favorite folder?????????
.:(.:mad:.:(.:mad:.:(.

Now you know how I felt when Spyderco killed the Wegner. :(

Really sux when you fianlly find your perfect knife and it is discontinued. I am still depressed.

REKAT is not the only company doing this. Look at what MT does. Both the SOCOM Elite and the LCC were dropped within a year of introduction. I think REKAT may have been having QC probs with the rolling lock.

It's a shame to see them do this. I really don't think they'll be around too much longer. I mean, really, who knows about REKAT other than "knuts"? The only reason I know about them is because of Bladeforums. Filtered through the Internet, their attitude was pretty poor too. That turned off many of their potential supporters. Now that they've eliminated their "flagship" model, they're going to lose even more fans.

This, after they seemed to have gotten it right with the Savant...

Of course, I could be wrong, and they're welcome to prove me so.

Chris

knifenerd- MT is bringing back the LCC,the Amphibian is the new Soccom E, plus they are bringing back the Original Soccom.

shootist16, have you gotten a chance to handle the Ocelot yet? from its looks it apeared to me that the Wenger was upgraded rather than discontinued (and then renamed the Ocelot)

REKAT unlike these companies is not replacing the SIFU (or at least that is how it seems), But what i would like to see is glockman99 PURCHASE the SIFU design and start his own one man SIFU production house.

Originally posted by LizardKing
shootist16, have you gotten a chance to handle the Ocelot yet? from its looks it apeared to me that the Wenger was upgraded rather than discontinued (and then renamed the Ocelot)

I've got a protoype. Number 16 of course :D I like it except that it is smaller than the original. Give me a full sized Wegner with a compresion lock and I am indeed happy.

Personally...

I wouldn't mind it one bit if Emerson added a tuned rolling lock to the Commander! Hmmmmmm........

Hank

Originally posted by Paul Work
glockman will be crushed.

Paul
Glockman was the first guy I thought of. Hey Dann! You have my number. I'm here for you, man!! :D ;) :D

AL

AL,
Thanks buddy. I guess it's a good thing that I'm not a drinkin' man, huh?...LOL!!.:). I just CAN'T believe that "REKAT" would have the "dumbness" to discontinue the Sifu. I wish that either Bob Taylor or Bob Brothers (or even Christina) would come on board here to let us (their customers) know what is REALLY going on with the Sifu, and with "REKAT" in general...

This is all so confusing...:confused:.

Lizardking,
Nice idea, but I'm just too darn lazy to pursue the idea...:).

Glockman, what is it about the Sifu that you find so appealing? I find the styling extremely unappealing (dare I say UGLY).

Thanks,
RL

Originally posted by RL
Glockman, what is it about the Sifu that you find so appealing? I find the styling extremely unappealing (dare I say UGLY).

There is an aesthetic to pure functionality. I find the Sifu attractive in much the same way I find the Spyderco Endura attractive. They are designed, in every way, to do a job and they both do those jobs extremely well.

--Bob Q

Back