Remington Prospector 2021 Baby Bullet Discussion and Picture Thread

Thought we could start a picture and discussion thread as these dropped today and I am sure some members will be getting them soon. Show em off here

Is this the first time GEC has made a knife for Remington ?

I'm on the fence about purchasing a GEC produced knife with another companies branding (Remington, etc) - I usually don't purchase knives like this. I guess I'm trying to give myself a reason to make the purchase. If this is the first GEC made Remington, well then maybe I need one ? I like how the spey blade is dated "2021" on the back.

My understanding is that a certain knife dealer in the South East Tennessee mountains bought the trademark rights to Remington branded knives and commissioned GEC to build them.
Remington was not going to do anymore knives and this was done to keep the tradition of Remington bullet knives going.

These are simply replica Remington knives. These happen to be made by GEC; however, this very same Remington pattern has been replicated under license by Remington in the 1980s and 1990s long before the folks at Blue Ridge bought the rights to the Remington name. The previous replica knives were made by Camillus and are first rate knives. They are readily found on dealers sites on the internet and are excellent knives. Hopefully, GEC will be able to manufacture their replicas as well as Camillus did.

These are simply replica Remington knives. These happen to be made by GEC; however, this very same Remington pattern has been replicated under license by Remington in the 1980s and 1990s long before the folks at Blue Ridge bought the rights to the Remington name. The previous replica knives were made by Camillus and are first rate knives. They are readily found on dealers sites on the internet and are excellent knives. Hopefully, GEC will be able to manufacture their replicas as well as Camillus did.
I have a couple of those Camillus made Remingtons and agree. Very well made knives.

Thank you for this information. So, everyone is in agreement this is the first GEC manufactured knife made for Remington ? Thank you

I’m gonna bite the bullet and order one of these. 🕺 Agree, the price is high and right at my redline….but I was hooked early on when I saw it would have the bullet shield. I love seeing them still available at the end of day after release. Anyone that wants one should be able to get one.

For reference, what's a typical quantity run of a GEC pattern? Eg: the 83 lockback recently was done in 3 covers, how many total?

I think in the other thread it was mentioned that this Remington 73 run had 650 units across 4 dealers for 2600 total or something?

Back