Removing glue goo?

+2 for Goo Gone, works exreamly well on paper towel.
Quick wipe off of any adhesive gunk.

Regards,
FK

OK OP, if WD40 and blowtorch + bastard file don't work, I GUESS I'll go along with the crowd and +3 to Goo Gone. It does work, my wife uses ours all the time and prefers it to WD40. You gotta understand tho, I'm like emotionally attached to my WD40, it's my SAK of solvents, I use it for everything. :)

y4my5K16aD2ny7paisXzStYkWcJIBw_62n9R2g88TMjyo1GUQfkzNglYPeQ-CYb7IEa0RZWBO_X7kM6_wrq8bQua5GzL1JdNIxpmHkfUQQJukg6rBDnYYuMwgQbx_jBakS-W8XDUIfonApsRSjf-ttfj68SSht8SbgtWWCjhHPReSqrA1LQgCDco1iu0kEhIVHtC8Q8fL6TGaAO3nYpAegQ9g

^Well geez, if we're goin' all natural and healthy here, then here's my contribution:

* 1 part baking soda
* 1 part coconut oil
* Some orange or lemon essential oil. The citrus--as in your example--does add some value to the recipe.

Make a paste, smear it on the offending label, let it sit for a while, and scrub off. I can promise it doesn't work AS WELL AS strong chemicals like Goo Gone on really stubborn stuff. But it does work on most things. And is a lot better on your skin, the environment, blah blah. In the end though, we got too lazy to keep constant mixing it up every time. So we fell back to WD40 or Goo Gone because it's, well, ready to go. And works FAST. Laziness wins again! :)

lol...Interesting. I'll give your eco-recipe a try (sounds like a great hand cleaner as well) :)

OK OP, if WD40 and blowtorch + bastard file don't work, I GUESS I'll go along with the crowd and +3 to Goo Gone. It does work, my wife uses ours all the time and prefers it to WD40. You gotta understand tho, I'm like emotionally attached to my WD40, it's my SAK of solvents, I use it for everything. :)

y4my5K16aD2ny7paisXzStYkWcJIBw_62n9R2g88TMjyo1GUQfkzNglYPeQ-CYb7IEa0RZWBO_X7kM6_wrq8bQua5GzL1JdNIxpmHkfUQQJukg6rBDnYYuMwgQbx_jBakS-W8XDUIfonApsRSjf-ttfj68SSht8SbgtWWCjhHPReSqrA1LQgCDco1iu0kEhIVHtC8Q8fL6TGaAO3nYpAegQ9g
'Probly doesn't smell as nice as WD40.

A can of naptha (lighter fluid) will cut almost all adhesives. But I have found some adhesives that nothing I have will dissolve. I hate companies that use that crap on all of their labels.

I bought a cheap magnetic dry-erase tablet a while back, at a local hobby/craft store. It was very cheaply put together; literally a metal sheet glued to a corrugated cardboard backer, with a flimsy plastic frame around it. I decided to remove the metal dry-erase sheet from the cardboard backing, with the goal of reattaching it to a sturdier backing like mdf or plywood. In doing so, I worked a knife blade underneath the sheet to separate it from the cardboard, after cutting away the plastic frame. Once that was done, I set about attempting to clean up all the dried adhesive from the back of the metal sheet. I SOAKED the thing in Goo-Gone, letting it sit in saturation for 15 minutes or more. Still wouldn't completely let go of the glue, so I spent a long time just trying to scrape it away. Finally, in frustration, I just immersed the whole thing in hot water with dish soap, to clean off the Goo-Gone residue. Lo and behold, the adhesive starting just falling off almost by itself in the dish-soapy water.

Sometimes, these stupid glues will just surprise you in some very weird ways...

Live & learn. :rolleyes:

David

I gather that Goo Gone failed o_O ...?

What ever the last attempt was, apparently it took the OP with it . . . probably some kind of combination involving a martini, a couple of rubber bands, some highly unstable isotopes and a particle accelerator.

Unfortunately I know first hand just how wrong things like that can go. Things that seem like a good idea at the time . . .
http://hitchhikers.wikia.com/wiki/Bowerick_Wowbagger

Ronson lighter fluid, always works for me <$2 at walmart and lasts a long time,use it to remove stickers from jars,ink from carpet,clean my blade after cutting boxes that have tons of tape,gets bandaid goop off of fingernails, you can use it for an actual lighter also :D

Back