Replacement scales for Bugout

cutchu

Gold Member
I recently got a Bugout and while I like the knife in general, I think I would like to find some replacement scales for it. However, after searching for them, it seems like there are not that many available. The places that do (or did) carry them are out of stock.

Do you guys know where I might find various types of replacement scales?

Thanks in advance.

Ebay? I think I got both my Ti (Rockscale) and CF (Rogue Blade Works) from there.

3m5mwRL.jpg

Nice looking Bugout! Every set of scales on both of those sites is sold out. I guess I will have to wait until a set shows up on the for sale section.

I've got rogue scales on one of my bugouts. If you order from them expect to wait 1.5-2 months.

rock scale design for the titanium scales.

just a fyi they sell out fast so get on the text waiting list.

Keep your eyes open on the exchanges here. I got a set of G10 wavy Rogue scales for a decent price there that I am happy with.

Would love a set of cf scales for my 535gry but hard finding them dripped for southpaws lol anyone know where I can get a set

There's a maker that makes aluminum scales for them. Slicey Dicey mentioned him in a video.

I really thought I'd like the CF better (lighter), but the Ti is by far my most carried. The Ti is heavily milled out on the inside, and the weight just feels right to me. The way the PVD and the Ti look and wear together have been great IMO. I like the lanyard hold omission as well.

Zjkikbh.jpg

Thanks for the reply, that is what i was worried about, LOL....really want the CF for weight and looks (I have the BLK version) but I've been wearing a Ti Spdy Mantra for years...before that a CF Sage...

Oh the dilemma, maybe I need both, LOL

Cheers!
Is the Bugout your go-to EDC?

Today, I was thinking about the Bugout. I don't like the scales.

Folks like the Bugout largely due to its' light weight and price among other things.

But, most do not like the Grivory scales, so they replace them. In many cases, the replacement scales make it heavier and increase the price of the knife. To me, you might as well get a different knife!

Today, I was thinking about the Bugout. I don't like the scales.

Folks like the Bugout largely due to its' light weight and price among other things.

But, most do not like the Grivory scales, so they replace them. In many cases, the replacement scales make it heavier and increase the price of the knife. To me, you might as well get a different knife!

Right, I hear that, but I also have a bunch of others...but it has many great things about it, not just the lightweight, but the blade shape, handle shape, etc...and modding is fun, lol (not every knife you can do that as easily) Is it a $175-$200 knife with upgraded scales, I dunno but its close...

CF scales are not adding much more weight. I like the additional rigidity. Sure the aftermarket scales turn the Bugout into a $200+ knife but the ergos, thin blade stock and almost full flat grind make it worth it to me, YMMV. S30V is also fine. I have a 20CV Bugout as well and haven't felt the need to swap the blade into my most used Bugout (the Veyron at the bottom of the image).

Scales by @Keyman, Flytanium and Aramis Akhmedov. I have a set of G10 Cuscadi scales as well somewhere ... the CF works better for me.

Nit picking here- titanium scales mismatch engineered cassette frame and surrounding build, but CF-Elite, CF, and G10 more closely follows "form n function." Anyone have a spare CF-Elite scale set gather dust? Ping me.

CF scales are not adding much more weight. I like the additional rigidity. Sure the aftermarket scales turn the Bugout into a $200+ knife but the ergos, thin blade stock and almost full flat grind make it worth it to me, YMMV. S30V is also fine. I have a 20CV Bugout as well and haven't felt the need to swap the blade into my most used Bugout (the Veyron at the bottom of the image).

Scales by @Keyman, Flytanium and Aramis Akhmedov. I have a set of G10 Cuscadi scales as well somewhere ... the CF works better for me.

Bringing back this thread, which of those do you like the best and why? So many options for scales I'm having a hard time deciding.

Rockscale Ti is still my favorite. I've since tried G10 (boring) and Micarta (too much flex) in addition to CF, but something about the milled out Ti is just perfect. May as well add another pic to this thread right?

oynAmiQ.jpg

Back