Resilience vs. Tenacious vs. Persistence

Powernoodle, great job, I am getting this knife next, I like the size of it too much not to, if the Tenacious is a poor man's Caly or Manix then this is really the poor man's Mili, which is funny because I always thought the Mili's point was too sharp angled. Definitely like the looks of this one, thank you.

What's the blade thickness, compared to the Tenacious? Any chance of a pic with the two together, from the top? Thanks.

~Chris

Blade thickness according to Spyderco.com is 1/8" - the same as the Tenacious and Persistence.
What about the liners? Are they thicker?

What about the liners? Are they thicker?

I was unable to get a micrometer on them, but my eyeball says that the Resilience liners (and thus the liner lock) are a few thousandths thicker than those of the Tenacious.

The Tenacious family including the upcoming Ambitious (shorter than the persistence) is all designed with the same thicknesses.

The Tenacious family including the upcoming Ambitious (shorter than the persistence) is all designed with the same thicknesses.

Man o man I love Spyderco! They are constantly coming up with new products.
I have a Resilience in the mail,and already I must have another.
Thats what I call ( Ambitious) marketing. :p

Just got my Resilience today, and man, is this thing a monster! I have small hands and it just looks huge. Blade came perfectly centered, clip nice and tight. It is a great knife for the money (I got mine for $40 Canadian). I'll be buying the tenacious and persistence when I get the money.

Thanks for reviving the thread. I didn't see it when researching, but in any case I got two!

Reprofiled the EDC one, free handed:
9054645951_22df1b9ac0_b.jpg

The last part (2-3mm) nearing the tang wasn't fully sharpened on this side. Took few minutes with diamond file followed by full sharpening on DMT C, F and EF + balance strop and now hair splitting!

Last edited:
I was never a big Spyderco fan, but after buying and trading for a couple of the cheaper ones (Tenacious/Persistence and Byrd Cara Cara) - I have finally crossed over to the dark side of the force. Great knives for the $$.

Any chance of different blade steels on this platform?

I agree with nccole, CTS-BD1 will probably be the only other option. 8CR13MOV is really a decent enough steel for the price point that Spyderco is selling these at. They would have to import the steel to China where the Tenacious series is made, and anything more expensive than BD1 would shove these knives right out of their intended price range.

Back