Response To AFBM Demo. . . .

Jerry Busse

Sorry for being late to the party. Between 4 kids, Christmas, and the passing of my oldest and dearest friend, things have been a little hectic.

In regards to the Joex AFBM testing, it is important to note that I told Joe that I would send him an INFI blade to destroy, but apparently, he was not familiar with the meaning of what "2 weeks" means in the land of Busse!
😂

So, he purchased one directly from us, in order to get to it more quickly.

Now, obviously, as is stated in our warranty, "intentional damage" is not covered and there is no doubt that any blade he destroys is the victim of "intentional damage" since he states that his only goal is to break the knife.

However, since I promised him the knife, we will be giving him a full refund along with S&H once he returns all of the parts and pieces.

In regards to how the knife held up during its destruction, it will be much easier to perform an autopsy and determine the "cause of death" once we have the body!!
😁

Isn't it interesting to note that after more than 25 years and well over 100,000 INFI blades out there, that this one broke when Joe set out to break it? No, not really . . . I mean that was the goal. It really shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. Perhaps the surprise is that with the enormous number of INFI blades that are out there, you don't hear of more major damage!

We don't guarantee that our knives are "unbreakable", we guarantee that if your blade does break, unintentionally, we have you covered.

Do Joex's demos predict the strength and toughness of an entire line of knives? No. For us to count something as a test, there must be some scientific or repeatable methodology. That means the same level of impact, same angle of impact, the same number of impacts, along with comparable blade geometry, etc. . .

Unfortunately, drinking scotch does not count as scientific. . . If it did, I would most certainly be counted as a scientist!!!
😁

There is no room for personal attacks or foul language. Let's leave those out of it. They only prove a lack of objectivity and skew the results.

Our customers NEVER have to worry about their Busse blades letting them down. Never have. . . Never will. . . :cool:

Let's Drink!👍

Jerry 😁

Tbh, the part of the test that surprised me was the way the edge blew out on stone. I have seen my infi roll against concrete. My bad aim while chopping caribou jaw bone for fish and game. Had to apologize to the owner of the concrete.

But, the the part of the test that surprised was the stone/granite chop, considering the old noss videos that sold me on infi. I am interested on the bosses input on the edge failure there. I fully expect the edge to roll hard for that, and some severe chipping. Not complete edge blowout

I just think it’s funny that, of all the Busse that’s out there, he picks an anorexic model to destroy. Why not a regular thickness battle mistress or he’ll razor 2 or even one of the fat ones? Or maybe he should’ve waited till he had both, and did a side-by-side?

Back