Response To AFBM Demo. . . .

I'm mad about this all and have decided to divest myself of all of my Busse and Busse family knives in the same manner that I did my guns when someone else used theirs to do something bad--I have disposed of them properly by throwing them into the Atlantic where they can no longer harm anyone. And for the federal agents that monitor my phone and texts and posts, I mean, I got rid of EVERYTHING!

I'm mad about this all and have decided to divest myself of all of my Busse and Busse family knives in the same manner that I did my guns when someone else used theirs to do something bad--I have disposed of them properly by throwing them into the Atlantic where they can no longer harm anyone. And for the federal agents that monitor my phone and texts and posts, I mean, I got rid of EVERYTHING!
Glad you can find some humor in this.....
But, it's not too damn funny to all the people that invested in the AFBM....

Glad you can find some humor in this.....
But, it's not too damn funny to all the people that invested in the AFBM....
I honestly don't think you have much to worry about. I mean will this video have *some* impact? Yes, of course, but not much that will seriously affect resale value I don't think.

You are mainly selling here on the forums and to people who have a long history with Busse knives. They've seen all the past tests so they know it's not purely marketing or hype. You're not selling to the commenters on YouTube who honestly, half probably wouldn't even be able to afford such a blade anyways. They are just there to jump on the bandwagon and trash talk because they're people of low character. They're just trolls who not only can't be objective, but refuse to do so. This is sport to them.

So it doesn't matter if *they* have a lower view of the knive's value, they're not your potential buyers anyways.

This test is simply a data point amongst a larger set of past tests and reviews. It shouldn't be thought of as some sort of final verdict on the quality of INFI steel or Busse knives overall. I think most everyone gets that and thus won't be so quick to judge.

That said, once again I lament the fact that Joe is not going to send the pieces back so we won't get any kind of analysis done. So now we're left to wonder was this an issue with a particular run of the AFBM? Just a random defect as happens with all manufactured products and the majority of AFBMs don't have this issue? We'll not have a good idea till more people decide to tests theirs to give us more data.

Given past history of Busse knives, I think we can be confident it's not a true showing of INFI, something went wrong and most knives are probably fine. That's what the data and evidence says.

Finally, and I really hate to say this, but it's motivating me to take out my AFBM and go beat the tar out of it and find out for myself if mine behaves similarly or not. But I paid extra for that nice satin finish so I'm not exactly eager to beat it up against rocks and steel to see if it breaks or not. It was just meant to be an outdoor woods processing blade and used for fun things like that. But I do have two of them soooooo......

I think it performed very well considering the tests. He breaks all the knives, none survive. My only problem is the censoring done here on blade forums with the videos. I still love my Busse knives. I mean really would you actually do something like this guy does with a knife? Come on now...

My only problem is the censoring done here on blade forums with the videos.
For probably the 15th time…

No one has been censored.
No videos were ever deleted off bladeforums.
No threads on Joe X were hidden or shut down.

Multiple people were starting new threads with the same video in it which isn’t allowed.

We already had, and still have, an open discussion and thread that had both the DT-12 video and the AFBM video in it.

This spreading of false rumors that bladeforums is censoring posts is being echoed by people that simply hate Busse and don’t want to look for themselves.

I personally posted the video to Joe's short video when it came out and it was deleted. Now granted it may have been a duplicate but I also just did a quick search and don't see a thread to one.

Regardless, I'm done replying to this thread and I am not hating on Busse. I have many Busse knives myself and will continue to buy them.

I personally posted the video to Joe's short video when it came out and it was deleted. Now granted it may have been a duplicate but I also just did a quick search and don't see a thread to one.

Regardless, I'm done replying to this thread and I am not hating on Busse. I have many Busse knives myself and will continue to buy them.

If you back out of this thread, it’s one of the three top threads being discussed as we speak.

I posted a link but got beaten to it.

adluginb adluginb
I just went to check the deleted threads. 4 duplicate topic threads were closed- 2 with no comments, 1 with 1 comment, & 1 with 4 comments, which does include your YT vid post, which was an introduction of sorts, with Joe X showing both Busse's he had in hand to test- AFBM & ASH-2. I didn't take the action personally, but I can see why you are not thrilled, & as a Mod here, I apologize to you for your post being deleted. In the future, I will try to be sure that all duplicate threads on a subject/topic will be merged into the 1 thread chosen for that specific discussion.

Screenshot_20231221_153702_Chrome-01.jpeg

OK since I was the one who did the moderating your post was not deleted.

It was merged with this thread as it seemed to be the same line of thinking.

better to have it all in one place, was my thinking and I stand by it.

No one was censored at all.

adluginb adluginb
I just went to check the deleted threads. 4 duplicate topic threads were closed- 2 with no comments, 1 with 1 comment, & 1 with 4 comments, which does include your YT vid post, which was an introduction of sorts, with Joe X showing both Busse's he had in hand to test- AFBM & ASH-2. I didn't take the action personally, but I can see why you are not thrilled, & as a Mod here, I apologize to you for your post being deleted. In the future, I will try to be sure that all duplicate threads on a subject/topic will be merged into the 1 thread chosen for that specific discussion.

View attachment 2430953

My personal opinion is that the Joe X tests should be mostly for entertainment purposes. There's a sliver of usable information and I understand wanting to know the limits of your knife.

However, this type of test has to be taken with a healthy dose of logic and realism. You're not going to try to do most of these things with your knife.

Look at his test of the buck 120. So because it broke doing unreasonable things that a knife isn't meant to do, the entire reputation and history of that knife should come into question? The decades it's been in use and the tens of thousands, maybe hundreds of thousands, of knives sold and loved are discounted because of a destruction test? "Destruction" being the operative word. Not a hard use test, not an edge stability test, a destruction test. By that logic, I guess I should hate toyota because their 4runners can't pull a loaded semi-trailer.

If a that video/test makes you "de-value" or doubt your afbm, I'd suggest you read up on steels/metallurgy, hrc, edge geometry, etc. You'll always be disappointed if you have unrealistic expectations.

Busse knives didn't gain a following by being fragile pieces of glass. Take the Joe X video with a grain of salt and wait for Jerry to autopsy the blade. Get the full story.

The blade edge chipping and blowing out, was surprising, but you have to remember that happened after chopping through a car door. Im not saying it should have happened, I'm just saying the cumulative effect needs to be considered. Personally, I was surprised and would have expected more edge rolling, less chipping.

Full disclosure, I have only ever owned three busse knives. One of them was an afbm. I didn't use any of them and sold them because I prefer a different brand/line of knives. So I don't have any skin in this game and I'm not what anyone could call a busse fanboy/enthusiast/collector.

I will say this, I am a huge fan of Jerry's business practices and how he conducts himself. You can't put a price on integrity.

carnifex knifwworks
Evidently, you need to take some of your own advice about reading up partner - joex refuses to give any of the blade pieces back to Jerry for an "autopsy"
.....come on now, "get the full story"...

adluginb adluginb

View attachment 2430953
That's the most professional and transparent mod action I have ever seen.

Pretty cool!

carnifex knifwworks
Evidently, you need to take some of your own advice about reading up partner - joex refuses to give any of the blade pieces back to Jerry for an "autopsy"
.....come on now, "get the full story"...
I had that typed up before that was the situation. Originally, he had agreed. I was pulled away by work before I could submit the post, when I came back I submitted it. That hardly invalidates the point I was making.

Back