RIP Charlie Mike

CA454B0E-C389-4FC6-ADC2-CE82C7F066B3.jpeg Just saw the news on Instagram and it looks like Charlie Mike/ CMFTW has passed away. This is a huge shock to me and I’m still processing it.

I never had the chance to meet Matt in person, but talked on the phone and had occasional correspondence over Instagram. He’s probably the reason I checked instragram as much as I did.

He was always very welcoming and cool, answering any questions I had about knives in general.

I’m lucky enough to own 3 of his custom fixed blades. Now these have a little extra meaning for me.

Pouring out an energy drink for you Matt.... The community lost a great guy.

Hofeully other members can share their thoughts or experiences with Matt. Pictures of his blades also welcome. I’ll try to post some when I get home from work.

Mods, I wasn’t sure where to put this so redirect the thread if necessary.

Last edited:
No way. I am in absolute shock of this news.
He did a knife for me :-(

Yeah man. His apprentice told my friend that he hadn’t had a digital footprint since Saturday, we both dug into it and thought he was just unplugging for a while but his apprentice got the police and his mom over to his house. I was real close with him and I’ll miss him a whole lot.

Back