RIP Charlie Mike

This tragedy still takes my breath away and I’m at a loss for words .
I know. Here I am in late 2023 going through the pages I missed. I thought about him two nights back, so I went back over to his YT channel. Funny, it both makes me LOL but also tear up a tad, watching his videos. Many times, life just doesn't make sense. But I know where he's spending his eternity, so I'm happy for him. Can't wait to see him again.

I'm deleting his number from my phone tonight. I tried the number a few times hoping a family member still had it but nothing. It's weird in a digital age but deleting it seems like saying a final goodbye. Damn I miss the talks, motivation, and help he always gave. Matthew we miss you. Be seeing you one day.
I know. I know what you mean!! When I got my new phone, I just decided to carry it over. Sounds silly, but still. haha!

I was in Fresno for work and I dropped on by. Matt welcomed me into his house and showed me around. Great guy.
I deleted my instagram account, but I sure hope his is still up because there is a pic of me on his profile from when I visited him.

I discovered the Blade Forums and Matt by chance sitting in a hospital weighting room while my wife was getting radiation treatments for her brain tumor and Matt brought the biggest smile to my face with that video of him getting ready for the day by opening his gun locker and strapping on close to a dozen weapons. Since that day I was hooked on knife talk, the knife community, and eventually making knives myself for my own sanity and therapy. I had seen by his articles that knife making and modifications helped him get passed some dark times so I jumped in head first and I have to say Matt or Charlie Mike as I knew him at the time was right. I admired the man for his honesty and creativity but mostly how he chose not to listen to others and go outside the box and do things His Way. The wife has been cancer free for 8 years now and I have a dozen assorted knives under my belt but god I miss that goofy mother fu@ker. Rest in piece brave warrior

I forgot 18th this year... Either way - RIP Matt.
Good guy, I learned few things from him and they helped me on the street.
Did this for him as a joke, old picture, but I don't have much more to post.
My nickname is intentionally misspelled.

jF7Ynf.jpg

Otherwise, this is what we usually talked about on IG.
I miss him.

7pNLEm.jpg

RIP - 5 years went fast, and a lifetime seems even faster.
Honestly I can't believe it's been that long. I was in the hospital when I got the news. I'll never forget the fun and oddball convos, especially in W&C. Back in the good old days of W&C.

Back