Rocketed into outer Snark

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love my hammock. Ill never not have one again.

I cant wait till i move and have some land. There will be an area set up for hammocking with a nice sized fire pit thats for sure. That way i can build a fire and lay out whenever i get ready. Ill set up some wall anchors for hanging inside again as well.

Gotta have my hammock.

Happy belated Birthday Spike. Grats on the new steel!

Yay for spicy soup feel better WW

i knocked this big ass tree down the other day

wait for it.... damn thing got hung up. normally, esp with the log arch, i can knock those down fast...

not this time. took over 2 hours of winching to drag that base out, something like 30 feet

course, some of that was waiting for tension to settle, and thinking about the next anchor point

was tired as hell from the previous two days, probably moved a few tons of logs out of the woods

but now they are in a place i can find them readily and/or they will dry more

gunna try bucking them and binning them before snow

lotsa wood... 22 degrees out there this AM.

pondering a bit of a drive to go see some fellas knock down trees professional like

pondering not :D

have a video! my first real attempt *ever* at editing something 2 hours into 5 minutes

basically highlights of the tree popping, cracking, dropping, then crash. i was amused.

http://api.smugmug.com/services/emb...2&height=480&albumId=44776923&albumKey=H2qqnR

i probably should learn how to do more finer edit control. esp since i have a mac and a good smart phone as well as HD camera.

mmmm

anyway, a bowl of warm stew, and some caffeine, and i'll be able to think soon ;D

I'm definitely jealous! I was thinking I will be spending most of my day in bed tomorrow... decompressing. It sounds lazy I realize but since going full time work is kicking my ass! I have yet to have a 40 hour week at work. So far my shortest has been a 50 hour. Frickin' beautiful paychecks but yeah this week I had 881 miles billed. That is wayyyyy too much seat time! (Although not compared to AC... I don't want to know how many he logs... On third thought, I kind of do...)
I probably drive 800 miles a week and I only work 4 (10 hr.) days a week. Lately, anyways. Spend more than a bit of that sitting in traffic on either side of Boston.

i knocked this big ass tree down the other day

wait for it.... damn thing got hung up. normally, esp with the log arch, i can knock those down fast...

not this time. took over 2 hours of winching to drag that base out, something like 30 feet

course, some of that was waiting for tension to settle, and thinking about the next anchor point

was tired as hell from the previous two days, probably moved a few tons of logs out of the woods

but now they are in a place i can find them readily and/or they will dry more

gunna try bucking them and binning them before snow

lotsa wood... 22 degrees out there this AM.

pondering a bit of a drive to go see some fellas knock down trees professional like

pondering not :D

have a video! my first real attempt *ever* at editing something 2 hours into 5 minutes

basically highlights of the tree popping, cracking, dropping, then crash. i was amused.

http://api.smugmug.com/services/emb...2&height=480&albumId=44776923&albumKey=H2qqnR

i probably should learn how to do more finer edit control. esp since i have a mac and a good smart phone as well as HD camera.

mmmm

anyway, a bowl of warm stew, and some caffeine, and i'll be able to think soon ;D

Probably should first shoot the movie so it will fit on screens that don't have a portrait mode.....;). I have to admit that I skipped through some of it, but that big thump at the end was pretty cool. I could feel the ground shake. Then the shout of "timber!" cracked me up

Thanks TBL

Here's the link. It's about his family, and going to war in WWII, and after: http://www.amazon.com/Nuts-Airborne...8-1&keywords=nuts+speranza&pebp=1416057606851

Obviously, that's my father in law on the cover. Interesting man.

Very cool bud!!

Go GATORS. That is all.
15796769262_73e94e232c.jpg

Thats good stuff Bladite!
Stay safe out there. Especially if you're rolling solo.

That's cool about your Dad-in-law Dubz!

Hey C-Bear, she needed both bags?...
Big girl, eh?....:D

Thanks for all the birthday wishes guys, I appreciate it.

And I'm really hoeing I'll be able to try out the 15 during deer season this year, but we'll see

Well heck!!! I tried replying about ice fishing and couldn't get it to post. Lost everything I typed too.. Sometimes posting from my phone sucks!

Thats good stuff Bladite!
Stay safe out there. Especially if you're rolling solo.

That's cool about your Dad-in-law Dubz!

Hey C-Bear, she needed both bags?...
Big girl, eh?....:D
Actually she is quite petite but laying on a concrete floor. Stuff the mummy bag inside the square bag for added cushion... for the pushin!

I'm pissed now.

Seems like I may have just gotten burned for the first time doing a trade with a guy. I am an honest person and if someone says they are gonna do something, I like to believe them cause that's the way I am. Was checking out the FeedBack forum this morning and sure enough, there is a thread, actually two about this guy. Seems he changed his name recently and thats why I did't find anything about him last week when I checked.

This just Frickin ruined my day.

I guess I am so used to dealing with all you awesome guys from the Becker Forum that I got too trusting. I have had nothing but great transactions with every single person I have ever dealt with in this Beckerhead community.

Next time someone contacts me thru my website, I'm gonna ask for their BH# and if they don't have one, I am just gonna assume that are a criminal till I receive the trade and or cash first. lol

I'm pissed now.

Seems like I may have just gotten burned for the first time doing a trade with a guy. I am an honest person and if someone says they are gonna do something, I like to believe them cause that's the way I am. Was checking out the FeedBack forum this morning and sure enough, there is a thread, actually two about this guy. Seems he changed his name recently and thats why I did't find anything about him last week when I checked.

I guess I am so used to dealing with all you awesome guys from the Becker Forum that I got too trusting. I have had nothing but great transactions with every single person I have ever dealt with in this Beckerhead community.

Next time someone contacts me thru my website, I'm gonna ask for their BH# and if they don't have one, I am just gonna assume that are a criminal till I receive the trade and or cash first. lol

How bad did he get you Dex ?

I'm pissed now.

Sorry to hear that Dex. But if I could give you some advice. The more your business grows its just part of it. You will always have pieces of shit out there that want to screw you out of something or tell you some bullshit reason why you should sell them something for a loss to you.

All of the business rules I have is a direct result of me gettin my butt hairs ripped out. As much as you'd like to make it feel like a buddy buddy business, you still have to treat it like a business.

I, like you try to treat poeple the best I can, give deals to people I know, be helpful yadda yadda yadda. But dealing with people you dont know. Until you know them, you HAVE to set yourself some business rules and abide by them religiously or your gonna have a hard time making any coin. Ive given/lost my fair share of stuff and had to chalk it up to live and learn. No fun.

How bad did he get you Dex ?

We will see Monday if a knife shows up in the package or not and if he ends up paying me, but could be up to $150 loss on my end.

Sorry to hear that Dex. But if I could give you some advice. The more your business grows its just part of it. You will always have pieces of shit out there that want to screw you out of something or tell you some bullshit reason why you should sell them something for a loss to you.

All of the business rules I have is a direct result of me gettin my butt hairs ripped out. As much as you'd like to make it feel like a buddy buddy business, you still have to treat it like a business.

I, like you try to treat poeple the best I can, give deals to people I know, be helpful yadda yadda yadda. But dealing with people you dont know. Until you know them, you HAVE to set yourself some business rules and abide by them religiously or your gonna have a hard time making any coin. Ive given/lost my fair share of stuff and had to chalk it up to live and learn. No fun.

Thank you Todd for your advice and real world wisdom. I am going to do what you suggest my friend. Seems we only get wise to this sh$% by getting Screwed. I will learn from this and hopefully it won't happen again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back