Rough Rider & Related Slipjoints

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by dalee100, Sep 10, 2008.

Tags:
  1. CelloDan

CelloDan Basic Member Basic Member

Dec 2, 2017
    My collection of Rough Rider started with the this blue bone Canoe.

I had ordered the latest congress from GEC .
    I added the canoe in order to get free shipping as I was a bit short of the minimum $ required with just the congress alone.

[​IMG]

I was SO pleasantly surprised with the RR. NICE ! :thumbsup:
    My daughter liked it so very much so I gave it to her . Her first pocket knife and she carries it everywhere :)

So I ordered a few more :)
    The tiny toothpick has somewhat of weak snap when opening but I don't mind that in such tiny knife.

[​IMG]

The barlow had a problem, at least for me. Both blades were almost at the same height and it was very difficult for me to open them, even the pen blade had a hard to access nail nick. I chipped my thumb nail trying to use this knife to the point I had to put it away, cut and let my nail grow again.

Yesterday I did some minor surgery on it. Cut and easy open notch on it with my dremel and file the kick and lowered the pen blade ( a lot, there is plenty of room in the well for the pen blade to be lowered ) so now both nail nicks are very easily accessible wich = a joy to use :thumbsup::)

[​IMG]

afishhunter, Jambon, Corso and 8 others like this.
  2. hornetguy

hornetguy Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2015
    Very slick.... looks "factory".... you should call the knife company that has these made, and suggest this mod to them. They could incorporate it into their regular line, and call it the "cello barlow"....

CelloDan likes this.
  3. CelloDan

CelloDan Basic Member Basic Member

Dec 2, 2017
    Gracias amigo lol :) :thumbsup: