Rough Ryder vg10

My VG10 stockman arrived today. It is a surprisingly nice feeling/looking knife. It is a medium stockman, at about 3 1/2" closed, and is pretty slim, for a 3 blade stockman. Blade alignment isn't perfect... the main blade touches the outer liner when closed, as does the spey blade. None of this hinders the operation of the blades, and I haven't seen rubs on the blades yet. The spey blade is not quite as rounded on the end as "traditional" speys are... which I like. I could round the top hump on it, and it would become a pen/spear point pretty easily. It is smooth in operation, without any flushing/oiling, and all three blades have fairly sharp edges. All in all, I think it's quite a bit of bang for the buck...
The jury is still out on the performance of the VG10... time will tell. I plan to recover it sometime soon.... just, because. :)

jrVD1q.jpg
jrVMC3.jpg

jrVYS0.jpg
jrVowD.jpg

amazing... so it does! I had never seen that Buck before. Is it one of their USA, or China knives? Guess I could goober it.... nice looking knife.
It's a 371, made in China. I think it was only made for a short time and is now discontinued.

Back