1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.

3. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ka-Bar Becker BK5 Magnum Camp , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday July 27!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Rusty Polk

Discussion in 'Hall of Shame' started by L. Uebelein, Oct 7, 2006.

1. Shawn Ellis

Shawn Ellis

Feb 6, 2006
    Wow! I'm sure learning alot here. Shawn Ellis

2. Chuck428

Chuck428

Oct 25, 2001
    Have you heard anything from this deadbeat?

3. Bladeandbarrel

Bladeandbarrel

Oct 5, 1998
    What a turd!

4. L. Uebelein

L. Uebelein

Aug 2, 2002
    I received the knife from Rusty and
    its one of the nicer knives Ive ever got.

5. Tazz-ab

Tazz-ab Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 25, 2006
    This needs to stay where ppl can see it. This guy is riding the reputation his father put YEARS of hard work into and is an embarasment to his trade. As for the gentleman whom did the article on Mr Polk , I hope you have taken it down and do not offer this individual any further "positive" press.

6. Keith Montgomery

Keith Montgomery

May 9, 2000
    Has anything happened with this situation yet? There has been no information posted in a very long time.

7. Keith Montgomery

Keith Montgomery

May 9, 2000
    Has anthing happened with this situation. Nothing has been posted in for a very long time.

8. Starkman1

Starkman1

Feb 3, 2006
    Fellas,
    I just received my replacement knife from Rusty. It did take months, but he did come through. During the process of making the replacement knife he did send photos of the handle and blade to ensure I was satisfied. I believe he tried to make things right. I'm satisfied with the knife and I consider this matter settled between us. I had to give credit, where credit is due.
    Bob

9. jdracing

jdracing

Sep 25, 2006
    for $490.00 i wouldn't be shy about paying him a visit.
    my money,what little i have comes hard these days.
    not fair for someone to take it without nothing in return.
    jd

10. coolreed

coolreed

Mar 24, 2009
    I too have had the same problem with Rusty. I have purchased knives from Rusty before and thought that we had become good friends. I ordered a Knife from Rusty and paid him $400.00 up front. Now after more than two years and talking with him a few times I get the same old story. It will be ready in a few months. I really am at a loss (in more ways than one) about this guy.

So my word is,..DO NOT GIVE THIS GUY ANY MONEY UP FRONT. I have written this transaction off and in the future I will not do business with this person.