Sad to see what SOG has become

Man, that's what I love about America: You have the option to buy what you like and leave what you don't like to others who will buy what you don't like. I love freedom!

Regards,
d-1

I am with you ! Sog was related to Ichiro Hattori , making the Seki Blades till the beginning of 2001 when SOG Lynwd. decided to change to Taiwan production...what a mes and what a failure....

I now have about as many Taiwanese SOGs as I do Seki. I don't consider their Taiwanese fixed blades to be a failure.

The new doesn't even come close. The quality of the Seki models was far superior in every way except the price. This is a user I had at one time, notice anything about the sheath?

Since I discovered becker knife and tool I don't do anything with any of my SOGS anymore. Only thing I regret is selling my trident folders and original trident Bowie

The new doesn't even come close. The quality of the Seki models was far superior in every way except the price. This is a user I had at one time, notice anything about the sheath?

What am I supposed to notice about the sheath?

To each their own but I think saying "the new doesn't even come close to the old" is way over exaggerating. I like their newer fixed blades. On many of them the steel has gotten better (aus6 vs aus8). They've moved away from leather sheaths and handles, which for me is an improvement.

What am I supposed to notice about the sheath?

To each their own but I think saying "the new doesn't even come close to the old" is way over exaggerating. I like their newer fixed blades. On many of them the steel has gotten better (aus6 vs aus8). They've moved away from leather sheaths and handles, which for me is an improvement.

If you have to ask obviously your knowledge of this SOG pattern is limited. My question is why respond if you don't know?

Yeah, I agree SOG's quality is quite bad...

I had a knife of their that had assisted opening, which failed on me after owning it for less than a year!... and I wasn't even using it...

So, I sent it in and had them look at it, they sent it back with a free sharpening as well... "fixed" as they said.... low and behold it wasn't fixed at all, and I had the same problem with it... Since then I havn't bought from them again....

However, I feel like SOG/Kershaw are the "lower" end companies.... however cold steel would be the worst imho ...

If you have to ask obviously your knowledge of this SOG pattern is limited. My question is why respond if you don't know?

Wow, sorry to bug you. I hope you didn't get off your pedestal just to respond. Your right, why would you want to talk with me, a simple minded idiot, about SOG knives in the SOG forum. Again, sorry for any inconvenience sir.

Oh, BTW, what do you do when you have a question and need some clarification? What I do is ask a question but this is clearly wrong. I must know the secret to your superior ability to interact. Perhaps ESP? Again, sorry for asking a question and bothering you...

DRE, don't leave me hanging...what is the "notice anything about the sheath?" that you are referring?

EDIT: Is it the missing "Special Forces" emblem that was on the "original" 5th Special Forces knives and sheath?

Regards,
d-1

Last edited:
DRE, don't leave me hanging...what is the "notice anything about the sheath?" that you are referring?

Regards,
d-1

You mean you don't know? I thought all the cool kids knew....not me though obviously.....

Well I aint cool and I don't know, but I don't remember the last time I've seen one of those sheaths from SOG with rivets at the opening and down at the tip. That includes my Santa Monica and my Edmonds marked sheaths.

You mean you don't know? I thought all the cool kids knew....not me though obviously.....

LOL! Craytab, the day I profess to knowing it all is the day I become a fool. Nope...I don't know it all, but I make up for "not knowing" by asking questions and learning from those who know more than I do.

Regards,
d-1

Well I aint cool and I don't know, but I don't remember the last time I've seen one of those sheaths from SOG with rivets at the opening and down at the tip. That includes my Santa Monica and my Edmonds marked sheaths.

Good call-out, Sac Troop. Thanks for pointing that feature out.

Regards,
d-1

Sac Troop for the win. :)

Wow, sorry to bug you. I hope you didn't get off your pedestal just to respond. Your right, why would you want to talk with me, a simple minded idiot, about SOG knives in the SOG forum. Again, sorry for any inconvenience sir.

Oh, BTW, what do you do when you have a question and need some clarification? What I do is ask a question but this is clearly wrong. I must know the secret to your superior ability to interact. Perhaps ESP? Again, sorry for asking a question and bothering you...

You can't be serious . . . .

LOL! Craytab, the day I profess to knowing it all is the day I become a fool. Nope...I don't know it all, but I make up for "not knowing" by asking questions and learning from those who know more than I do.

Regards,
d-1

Right, I asked a question and got shot down. Glad you had better luck.

You can't be serious . . . .

You asked if we noticed anything about the sheath in your picture. I then asked you what we should be noticing. You responded with the old "if you don't know I'm not going to tell you because you are obviously not good enough" crap. I responded sarcastically like you were royalty because that is how you are acting.

I am knew to learning the history of the Seki SOGs I own, let alone the history of all their knives. Would it have been so hard to give an explanation like sac troop? Thank goodness sac troop came along or I still wouldn't know what was so important about the sheath for your knife.

Back