Sagewood Gear Dangler

91bravo

Gold Member
I ordered a Sagewood Gear dangler/belt loop setup and I have to say I am quite pleased with the results! Haven't worn it in the woods yet, but the fit and finish are excellent! Big shout out to Sagewood Gear!

Yl2X7e7.jpg

6pOcAZ1.jpg

VjzCfn0.jpg

avkLSue.jpg

I thinned out the edge a bit, as the factory one was a little obtuse for my liking. Totally changes the angle of approach for whittling! Boy does 3V take a nice wicked edge!
u8kyEkn.jpg

Those sagewood attachments are great. I picked up a couple more when I saw Brian had them available again. Is that the medium-sized one? Looks great on that 4.7

It's the small one. Yeah, the fit is great! But after trying the belt loop out, I think I'm going to carry it with the belt loop instead. The knife doesn't sit completely up and down when dangling, if that makes any sense. The belt loop puts the pommel of the knife right at the top of my belt, which is perfect for me!

Yep that makes perfect sense. It works great when you get the balance point just right so that it doesn't pivot out, but it kind of depends on the the whole setup working together and some knives kick out some. Good call grabbing both options, one of them generally works. I cut a couple of the kydex pieces too short and needed to replace them, so I knew I just needed the dangler, not the fixed loop. Dang my compulsion to try to optimize each setup!!! :D

Yep that makes perfect sense. It works great when you get the balance point just right so that it doesn't pivot out, but it kind of depends on the the whole setup working together and some knives kick out some. Good call grabbing both options, one of them generally works. I cut a couple of the kydex pieces too short and needed to replace them, so I knew I just needed the dangler, not the fixed loop. Dang my compulsion to try to optimize each setup!!! :D

Some knives dangle good, some don't. You're welcome to this dangler attachment if you haven't already picked one up!

I grabbed a couple, but I'm always fiddling around with something. I'd use it if you're positive you won't bud. Maybe we can swap something, I'll shoot you a PM.

Very cool! Did you take any more pics with the loop in place of the dangler?

How did you do the reprofiling? What did you reduce the angle to?

I grabbed a couple, but I'm always fiddling around with something. I'd use it if you're positive you won't bud. Maybe we can swap something, I'll shoot you a PM.

I'm going to try and use the dangler part with the longer belt loop and see how it goes. If that doesn't work out, then I can send you the attachment to use for your pleasure!

Very cool! Did you take any more pics with the loop in place of the dangler?

How did you do the reprofiling? What did you reduce the angle to?

I naturally sharpen around 15, give or a take degree or two. That was fresh off my DMT 600 grit red polka dot stone. I started with 220 black, then 325 blue and am now on the 600. I'll move all the way up to 2200 this weekend and finish it off with some stropping. Then my edge will be set!

ry4Toxw.jpg

TDwOCW1.jpg

ty8amTX.jpg

I'm going to try and use the dangler part with the longer belt loop and see how it goes. If that doesn't work out, then I can send you the attachment to use for your pleasure!

Sounds good. The pieces come in handy for rigging other stuff up too Jonny, so don't jump the gun you might find a use for it yet. If so, cool. I just realized I need to order a couple more in the small size like you got anyway. These medium ones are close to being too big for what I needed.

They make quality gear for sure! I like danglers, but only if they dangle right! lol But for the most part, a belt loop that puts the pommel right at my belt line, is sufficient!

Ya the danglers are great for the big blades. I tend to go with the belt loop option for small blades that aren't in the way when sitting. Now a GSO 10, those suckers need a dangler :D

I feel bad for you guys, struggling to get the right kit for a given model to carry it a given way... Except you totally don't need to!

91bravo 91bravo , if you haven't tried one of my UKE 2.0 kits, you might want to give it a shot:
http://www.bladeforums.com/threads/...2-0-leg-straps-and-ferro-rod-holders.1513332/

I've been making these since I got my first GSO-10, and they work on every single GSO model as well as a bunch of other brands and custom sheaths. They let you adjust carry height from dangler (an actual, function dangler that does not swing out) to below-belt to as high as that sagewood. They also adjust for carry angle, like if you wanted to carry cross-draw at an angle or something similar. They are also tek-lok, G-clip, and molle-lock compatible, although you won't necessarily need those since they come with a leather belt-loop and a belt-clip. And finally they are stupid affordable.

Give it a try, you won't be sorry.

P1040062.JPG

Here's my CruV 4.7 in dangler-mode with an older ESEE pouch, a Coghlan's firesteel and one of my holders, and a leg-strap - and I can provide firesteels, holders, and leg-straps as well.

P1050195.JPG
P1050196.JPG

I naturally sharpen around 15, give or a take degree or two. That was fresh off my DMT 600 grit red polka dot stone. I started with 220 black, then 325 blue and am now on the 600. I'll move all the way up to 2200 this weekend and finish it off with some stropping. Then my edge will be set!

ry4Toxw.jpg

TDwOCW1.jpg

ty8amTX.jpg
Thanks for the response, that is helpful and the pics are great.

If you ever want to upgrade to black micarta handles by trading me those g10s, I'm your guy ;)

I've been making these since I got my first GSO-10.....

One thing that I like about your attachment Chiral is that the kydex portion that attaches to the sheath is long, much longer than the sagewood. That really helps stop what bravo was talking about with the knife handle pivoting away too far from your body, and makes for a nice straight setup. You know me, I go to hacking on things to make them work how I want, so sometimes I cut that piece down for more of a custom fit. But with yours I have that option. Can't add more material back to the other. Both nice setups.

I feel bad for you guys, struggling to get the right kit for a given model to carry it a given way... Except you totally don't need to!

91bravo 91bravo , if you haven't tried one of my UKE 2.0 kits, you might want to give it a shot:
http://www.bladeforums.com/threads/...2-0-leg-straps-and-ferro-rod-holders.1513332/

I've been making these since I got my first GSO-10, and they work on every single GSO model as well as a bunch of other brands and custom sheaths. They let you adjust carry height from dangler (an actual, function dangler that does not swing out) to below-belt to as high as that sagewood. They also adjust for carry angle, like if you wanted to carry cross-draw at an angle or something similar. They are also tek-lok, G-clip, and molle-lock compatible, although you won't necessarily need those since they come with a leather belt-loop and a belt-clip. And finally they are stupid affordable.

P1040062.JPG

Here's my CruV 4.7 in dangler-mode with an older ESEE pouch, a Coghlan's firesteel and one of my holders, and a leg-strap - and I can provide firesteels, holders, and leg-straps as well.

P1050195.JPG
P1050196.JPG

That's an interesting piece of kydex, looks very versatile! I like for my pommel to be right at my belt line, so I'd anchor at the next set of eyelets down.

That's an interesting piece of kydex, looks very versatile! I like for my pommel to be right at my belt line, so I'd anchor at the next set of eyelets down.
Easy enough to do :thumbsup:
Another option is to mount the extension lower down the sheath. Really, the options for height and angle and style adjustment are crazy myriad :cool: and on sheath with holes along each side, the UKE is ambidextrous as well, although I do sell them in both left and righthand varieties. The goal is to be as universal as possible. And if you decide you don't need it to be so long, you can always cut it short like HK mentioned ;)

P1040062.JPG

P1050195.JPG
P1050196.JPG

Gentlemen, and I use that term extremely lightly. :) I have one these babies and it does everything ol Chiral says it does and MORE!

Last edited:
Gentlemen, and I use that term extremely lightly. :) I have one these babies and it does everything ol Chiral says it does and MORE!
;):D:rolleyes:

My UKE is how I belt carry most of my GSOs. Great carry height and versatility. Well made and a bargain :thumbsup:

With that said, Sagewood is pretty awesome.

Back