1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Sheepdog & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday August 10!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Sagewood Gear Dangler

Discussion in 'Survive! Knives' started by 91bravo, Aug 24, 2017.

1. 91bravo

91bravo Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 29, 2008
    ha ha, it ain't too hard to keep up with me. What color scales are on your 4.7?

MarriedTheMedic likes this.
  2. Uncle Timbo

Uncle Timbo Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 23, 2005
    Sagey green w/olivey sheath. So I'd need BLACK G10 slabs and a BLACK sheath.....

91bravo likes this.
  3. Silver Needle

Silver Needle

Jul 14, 2014
    Got a pic?

Also, I'm first in line for that black G10 :D

91bravo likes this.
  4. Uncle Timbo

Nov 23, 2005
    Copy that Brother Needle. I'll fall in line behind you.
    Pics when I can.

91bravo likes this.
  5. Silver Needle

Silver Needle

Jul 14, 2014
    I'm just giving you a hard time. I don't even have an appealing trade at the moment. Good luck to both of us on the hunt for expertly microtextured G10!

FYI-I'm very interested in obtaining any color G10 for my 4.7.

91bravo likes this.
  6. 91bravo

Jun 29, 2008
    I might possibly trade my black g10 handles for some jade g10 ones, but only if they have the micro texture on them....

7. Uncle Timbo

Nov 23, 2005
    That's kind of like when a buddy and myself were going Muskie fishing at a new to us lake. I asked another buddy who had been there what lure to use. He said a Tuff Shad was hard to beat. I said what color? He said any color will work as long as it's black. :rolleyes:
    That's me. Any color slabs will work for me, as long as they're black. :thumbsup:

Fancier, Silver Needle and 91bravo like this.
  8. 91bravo

Jun 29, 2008
    I sure wish I could order some handles from their website....

9. Uncle Timbo

Nov 23, 2005
    3D printer? :eek:

10. 91bravo

Jun 29, 2008
    That would be nice. I have access to knee mills and CNCs, I just have to find some time to play around with them....

11. Silver Needle

Silver Needle

Jul 14, 2014
    I agree, BUT I'm more or less content with them focusing all attention on handles for existing orders to get things moving out their door. The handle fitment seems to be a nightmare in the shop, so I support all the handles going directly on to ordered knives.

With that said, I still really want textured G10 :D

Fancier, Uncle Timbo and 91bravo like this.
  12. 91bravo

Jun 29, 2008
    Yeah me too. I just wish they could crank out at a faster pace! lol

13. 91bravo

Jun 29, 2008
    Hearing these horror stories of waiting for years, I probably won't ever order from the website. I'll scoop one up off the exchange in a heartbeat though!

14. Uncle Timbo

Nov 23, 2005
    Hire a Slab Boy? :confused:

15. Silver Needle

Silver Needle

Jul 14, 2014
    So yeah, getting knives out is a big problem they're working on, but any time I've ordered non-knife items I had it in a week.

I like it!

Fancier and Uncle Timbo like this.
  16. 91bravo

Jun 29, 2008
    [​IMG]

MarriedTheMedic and Uncle Timbo like this.
  17. Silver Needle

Silver Needle

Jul 14, 2014
    @91bravo wow that is a nice pic! I've tried taking a few in a similar style, but my skills and location and overall outcome weren't as good as yours!

18. 91bravo

Jun 29, 2008
    Thanks Needle! I just took a random shot on my wife's camera. She does all these shutter speed settings, I just center the picture in the eyepiece and push the button! ha ha!

19. Silver Needle

Silver Needle

Jul 14, 2014
    Nice team work :D

I only ever use my phone camera, so that's at least a part of the problem. The shade and contrast with the knife and unfocused background is awesome.