SAK Outrider/Ruk

Must have missed this thread earlier. But yes, the Swisschamp rig was inspired by me, and let me tell you, it is simply wonderful.

I have had it for two weeks, and the only time it is not with me, is when I'm without pants!! It not only holds the S.C. extremely well, but it's so light that you forget it's even on your belt. Coming up with an effective way to carry the S.C. was always a challenge, and Eric's rig is certainly the way to go.

Thanks again Eric!!

Hey Wire....

Thanks bud,, Appreciate it Greatly....

I'm glad you are finding the sheath so handy..
I've been using mine alot lately, and the rig is very useful..
Nice thing about it is that it doesn't dig into your sides...

When you look up Swiss Army in the dictionary it should have a picture of the Swiss champ...

Enjoy...

ttyle

Eric....

Donald, thanks for letting me know about the lock. Sometimes it's hard to tell from the photo if it's a linerlock, or the slidelock. The slidelock is great, especially for us lefties. :~}

I'm glad to see that their are least 2 others out there who like the SwissChamp as much as I do. So is the rig just for the belt, or can it be used as a neck sheath as well? Sounds like it might be something to invest in. I think I'll cruise over to your site and check the SC rig out.

numberthree,
There is a model with a small blade, called the Hunter, it is the same as the Rucksack, but with the bottle opener replaced with a small curved serrated "gutting" blade, and the can opener replaced with a combo can/bottle opener.

I think the Swiss lock blades are the best. i have done a system that allows all day carry for the knife, light, and firestarter that I think would be the best insurance in the back country. I use the Photon level 3, Victoronix trailmaster, and WSI keychain flint.

Attachments

• chest rig.jpg
    chest rig.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 161
Nice rig there Robert! I have your sheath for the Cold Steel Mini Khukuri and it is awesome.

My setup for my SAK Rucksack is similar to yours except my ferro rod is attached to the sheath (tucked into some paracord sheath and tied between 2 eyelets, barely visible in the pic near the twine wrapped eyelet) and I also have some hemp twine attached, which gives cordage and tinder all in one. I just have it hanging from a regular piece of paracord around my neck. Here's a (dark) pic:

Rucksack%20in%20sheath%202.jpg

the link in my first post on this thread gives more details, but the pic pretty much explains it.

That's about all you need. Steel, firestarter, and light. I moved to the harness so I could always have it on, even sleep with it while outdoors. It works great for larger knives or even trail guns as well, but in a normal situation it's all you need. I'll be selling the above setup with all the tools included soon, with your pick the lockblade SAK, light color, and harness color, tools included.

Cool rig, Robert. Like you, I wanted a rig that I could wear all day, even without pockets (or pants as the most extreme option). I was thinking of webbing straps, but that would look odd for everyday wear and carry. So I went with a nylon pouch to hold the knife and tools, with a couple of elastic loops sewn on to hold a Brinkman 1AAA light. The pouch is hung with paracord, and the whole thing just looks like a nylon knife sheath hanging around my neck. I like to wear it daily, not just in the woods, as I find myself using my SAK all the time.

Right now I'm still using the prototype rig, but I have plans to upgrade the pouch and the SAK, and add a couple of small items. I'm going to try and get some pics posted of the whole thing when it's done. Assuming I can figure out HOW to post pics. :~}

Back