Sarge presents the Col. with a Chitlangi -- Pix

It's worth more than a thousand words.

Attachments

• sarge gives the col. a chitlangi.jpg
    sarge gives the col. a chitlangi.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 341
Thanks for posting the pic Uncle, let me tell you guys the boss was knocked off his feet by that beautiful Chitlangi. You look at him in his flight suit and he looks every bit a warrior, but y'all might be tickled to know the job he worked as a young fellow in college. Ever been to Disney World? Ever rode the Jungle River Cruise? Yup, he was one of them annoying young folks in the khaki shorts and safari hats, cracking bad jokes and driving the boat.;) :D

Sarge

Hey Sarge can you post up a group shot of the guys who recieved the khurks?

Sweet, I'll get that one eventually, but it'll have to wait a while. I want to get one of the guys holding the khuks. The guys are pretty well scattered taking care of last minute stuff, and the khuks are pretty well all wrapped and stuffed in duffel bags. I'll glom onto a digital camera from somebody and take some "Hollywood" shots once we get in country and geared up in our "battle rattle".

Sarge

A great story, and a great lesson for me, too. A lesson of generosity, honor, patriotism and solidarity. Thank you. Thank you all, Forumites. It really touched me.
Take care Sarge, come back in one piece and so do your boys. And if you meet one of the Polish SF soldiers there, don't forget to 'infect' them with HIKV :D !

Thanks Sharri,
If I run across any CNN reporters over there I'd love to get some footage on the news with guys roaring out battle cries, thumping their chests, and waving their khuks in the air. Saddam watches CNN.;)

Sarge

Anyone else notice that two-fisted white knuckle grip Sarge has on the chitlangi? You had the wrong end, sarge! Still, by all appearances a khuked colonel is a happy colonel. Godspeed to you both.

Stephen

I would have liked it better if an enlisted man would have got it, but I guess officers have to be made happy too.

Thanks for shareing the picture and comments. Hope the Col. really knows what he was given besides a blade.:)

"but I guess officers have to be made happy too."

Just the good ones Ank. I'll share another little insight to this guy. When we shipped out to Afghanistan I hooked him up with a BAS. He carried that knife daily, it's a bit scratched up, but there ain't a speck of rust on it. When we got back his wife roped him into going around speaking at area schools, telling the kids about Afghanistan and Operation Enduring Freedom. Wherever he went he took his BAS as a testament to the support you guys on the forum gave us. He cherished that knife. Yesterday when I put that Chitlangi in his hand, right after thank you he said, "Sarge, I've still got that other khukuri. It's not as nice as this one, but it's a good knife. Would you mind if I brought it in and gave it to one of the airmen?". I just grinned and said, "well sir, I reckon that'd be all right". Tell you the truth, I hadn't expected anything less.;)

Sarge

:)

Sounds like a good bunch of guys you're going over with.

Sorta makes you want to stowaway in an ammo crate just to meet such fine folks.

Ank, most of the officers in my squadron are aviators, and you and I both know air crews are pretty pampered people. The fact that they'd rather be in our unit working the ground mission and eatin' mud with the Army tells me a lot about what these guys are made of. Guiding the bombs precisely on to the target doesn't just wreck the bad guys' day, it ensures the safety of the good guys. That's our job and everbody in the unit, from one stripers to the colonel, take that job very seriously. Airpower on Target, yeah baby, yeah!:) :D :)

Sarge

p.s.: yes, I know fratricides occurred in Afghanistan, a terrible and regrettable thing that deeply affected everybody over there. But it's no small point of pride that I can look you in the eye right now and say there were none on our watch.

Ank, most of the officers in my squadron are aviators, and you and I both know air crews are pretty pampered people. The fact that they'd rather be in our unit working the ground mission and eatin' mud with the Army tells me a lot about what these guys are made of.

Very true Sarge, they are a different breed than most officers.

Most of the ones when I was in were more concerned about how they could kiss somebodys butt to make themselves look good so they could get their next promotion.:rolleyes:

And the enlisted men usually paid for it...:mad:

Back