Sarge presents the Col. with a Chitlangi -- Pix

Looks like you found a rare one there.
Ank,
You're being a little harsh there brother. Granted, I'm not privy to your experiences with them, but in their defense, over the years I've served with some pretty fine officers. I will say a lot of them were "mustangs", but enlisted or officer, neither had a monopoly on jerks. I've found it rare for somebody to be a jerk all their life, but quite common for us all to be one at some point.
Semper Fi,
Greg

Seeing this kind of a relationship between enlisted and officers is a very fine thing. Not to be taken lightly and if the enlisted men have their stuff all in one bag they will never embarrass the officer in public by being too familiar.

I see that grin on the Col.'s face. I don't blame him. If someone handed me one of those in that manner I would be grinnin like Possum eatin $hit.:)

Had a young captain that kept getting in my hair on a field problem until I finally had enough and gave him a "dose". Gist of it was "sir, you'd best go find some captain stuff to do, 'cause I've got the sergeant stuff covered". Next field trip we went about setting up an overnight bivouac. He's really a good guy, a take charge, hands on, go getter (read that he gets underfoot sometimes:D ). So I gave him "the look", and lickety split he asks one of the young troops to lead him over to the CP tent. The confused troop asked why, and the captain quietly answered, "I think I better go find some captain stuff to do".;)

Sarge

Sarge, You've got me sitting at my desk laughing like the dickens.:D

The world would fall apart without the sargeants. (military and civilian)

Steve

Sarge, How I remember the days.

Years ago, I was trying to teach a young Captain, the finer arts of being an EDM (Emergency Destruction Munitions Supervisor). He had this idea, he knew it all, until I pressured him about the area was about to be over run, How much time do you have left, what do you do next. He got a little upset, that he didn't have all the answers.

He was relieving me from my duty as EDM, as I was rotating back to the States. Hopefully, he turned out OK.

The Marine officers that I knew were all fine people. They led from the front. If anything, they took greater risks. They knew there were a lot of eyes on them at all times. I did run into the occasional "LT Fuzz" type. But mostly they were all good guys that I trusted.

I love seeing the pics of these men with their new knives. Any you can post would be great Sarge.

I'll sure try and get some pics once we get where we're going and get our stuff unpacked Bob.

So, y'all like officer stories? Once down in Homestead AFB, I got my hands on a brand new second lieutenant. I quickly informed him that I had an important job for him, a duty which all assigned officers in the squadron routinely performed. A few hours later, our commander drove into the compound and saw the lieutenant perched atop our maintenance building, dressed in a poncho and grasping a clipboard, as was proper for "hurricane watch" duty.;)

I was told the commander at that point issued two orders, "get that idiot down from there, and have sergeant Sikes report to my office".:eek: :D

Sarge

About 50 years ago we got a new supply officer aboard. I was the only storekeeper aboard the Warrington at the time so had my hands full trying to get enough stuff aboard to keep the ship afloat and steaming.

The new Ensign (he wanted to be an actor on Broadway after he finished his tour of duty!!! -- So, you know what I had to deal with.) He said, "What do you want me to do , Martino?" I said, "Nothing." And that's what he did.

Back