• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Scam Alert blainec86

Not sure tbh, only Blaine will be able to defend his own actions and give his version of events, so will leave all that to him. :thumbsup:

Not sure tbh, only Blaine will be able to defend his own actions and give his version of events, so will leave all that to him. :thumbsup:
Nobody expects you to explain anything. This obviously is not a problem of your doing or that you would have the answers to. There are however things that do need to be explained and until he does many will have a negative view of him. If he has reasonable answers it would be best to get this taken care of-again not your problem.
Hope you don't get pulled into a mess.

So, tell me Chris in the UK. Do you always post in a thread and defend strangers at 2 AM on a Monday morning? You must be a heck of a guy. He bought a knife from you. You bought a knife from him. You are the only one giving him positive feedback. Just kind of wondering here.
https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/sold-brous-dynamic-full-acid-stonewash.1613336/

So, tell me Chris in the UK. Do you always post in a thread and defend strangers at 2 AM on a Monday morning? You must be a heck of a guy. He bought a knife from you. You bought a knife from him. You are the only one giving him positive feedback. Just kind of wondering here.
https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/sold-brous-dynamic-full-acid-stonewash.1613336/

Oh boy, here we go. Good sleuthing.

It's nice being a part of a community where the mods do their best to look out for it's members.

Oh boy, here we go. Good sleuthing.

It's nice being a part of a community where the mods do their best to look out for it's members.

Totally agree. As a newer member, I really appreciate it!

At this point, I'm just asking.

Firstly, I am not defending Blaine and I thought I made that pretty clear in my first post when saying he defo needs to clear his own name!!! What I am doing is giving you an example of how my own business went when dealing with him last time around, thats all, so tbh I am not really getting your point here or your attempt at sarcasm "I must be a heck of a guy".

Also afterall it is me that was going to purchase a second Norseman from him, hence why this has resurfaced. Plase note that I am totally grateful for the concern shown and messages from the other BF members and mods. As I said before, he needs to make things right and give his version of events!

Secondly, what the heck is the time of day got to do with anything? o_O

This sure is dramatic. Hope it all works out. Approval rating of 50% an ungood indicator. Oh and everyone. Try an Arius. Got one last week from BF Xchange. Fantastic.

knarfeng knarfeng , Boru13 Boru13

So...

According to this thread from six months ago when "Blaine" supposedly sold Grimsmo Norseman #1262 to "Chris"... Blaine's alias is "HappyIguana" (name easily visible in picture).

Now Blaine is selling a Grimsmo Norseman #1539.

According to this thread on Reddit from one month ago, Blaine (AKA HappyIguana) sold the Grimsmo Norseman #1539 to "ksrogue34" for $750. Interesting enough... If you look through the Reddit thread, you'll find that he also sold a Koenig Arius Micarta (the same Arius he "sold" to B Beerman2982 ) to "madonesl" for $475. Reading through the thread further, you'll find complaints that he didn't ship either the Norseman or the Koenig to the purchasers on Reddit (obviously). He then stopped posting on Reddit a month ago, directly after this happened.

Last edited:
Fixall Fixall
Thanks for the information, I’m at work right now but I will definitely take a look at this when I get home.

Seems to be a lot of issues with this member.

As of the time I am writing this message my money has not been refunded. @blainec86
I don’t care what this person has done in the past all I know is that he “sold” me Koenig Arius for $400 and never delivered it. I would not do any business with this person.

As of the time I am writing this message my money has not been refunded. @blainec86
I don’t care what this person has done in the past all I know is that he “sold” me Koenig Arius for $400 and never delivered it. I would not do any business with this person.

What is his name?

Looking at “Blaine’s” profile page, it looks like JordoKAP may have a phone number to reach “Blaine.”

Jacob Chapa

So, he gave you the name "Jacob Chapa"

What name did he give you Chrisj1974 Chrisj1974 ? You're still calling him "Blaine". Should be easy enough to check you PayPal history.

It's such a small world... With you two trading sales and your initials being J.C. and his being C.J. and all that.

So, he gave you the name "Jacob Chapa"

What name did he give you Chrisj1974 Chrisj1974 ? You're still calling him "Blaine". Should be easy enough to check you PayPal history.

It's such a small world... With you two trading sales and your initials being J.C. and his being C.J. and all that.
That is the name on his PayPal account

Back