1. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.

2. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

SCAMMER ALERT!! KEITH JANOWICZ, aka FingerBlade scammed me in a trade.

Discussion in 'Hall of Shame' started by FLymon, Dec 13, 2012.

1. Ferrari353

Ferrari353 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 2, 2012
    I only low balled him because he had only 2 posts or whatever. I would never low ball like that with a respected, well known seller. I make offers, but I don't think my offers are low balling.
    And I was willing (I was still skeptical) to deal with him because I trust Paypal's buyer protection

2. Wheeler-Dealer

Wheeler-Dealer

Jul 5, 2013

You WILL eventually get BIT..dealing with people that you think "may" be a scammer...and counting on PayPal to bail you out of it.

The amount of posts a person has shouldn't make one bit of difference in how you make an offer to them....your stating that speaks volumes to me.

You say that you "Super Lowballed him"....but then you state that "I don't think my offers are lowballing"......well..I won't even comment on that part.

Respect is definitely Earned....but how you treat people you are dealing with should be consistent and universal...and justifying treating someone poorly or differently just because they're a new member is unacceptable forum behavior IMO.

Why would new members want to join here if everyone thought and acted like that?

This is just my 2 cents....but I think you should re-think a few things...maybe?

Last edited: Jul 12, 2013
  3. Autumnbreeze19720

Autumnbreeze19720

Sep 22, 2013
    I hope all new members aren't prejudged

4. bigcountry1315

bigcountry1315

Aug 3, 2009
    What ever happened to a man's word being his bond? A lot of this younger generation have no clue of. My son is 27 and was raised to treat people like he would like to be treated and that his word is his bond. I have done a few trades here and have had nothing but positive experiences on here. I feel for you men that got scammed. Trust me people like this will get theirs one day. There is something about karma.

5. SmokeymountainsTN

SmokeymountainsTN

Sep 4, 2013
    I know this is dated but Here you go OP:

https://www.facebook.com/keith.janowicz.3

I am new to the site, but man this chaps my rear.

Wannabe Pillhead wangster. He is from Lowell Ma, just like the address you received. Now you have a face for the clown.(and his contacts ;) )

6. Dog.Lover.1990

Dog.Lover.1990 Banned BANNED

Nov 7, 2013
    nevermind

7. Akl3in

Akl3in

Feb 17, 2013
    Major necromancy... But did this ever get sorted out?

8. Austerim

Austerim Banned BANNED

Nov 10, 2013
  9. Austerim

Austerim Banned BANNED

Nov 10, 2013
    I have had problems with him before and I have contacted the Lowell Police Department and they are investigating him as we speak. I hired a private investigator to try to get my money back.

10. Tallahassee

Tallahassee

Aug 26, 2013
    Reading all the bad news on this thread, I'm reminded how amazing it is that most of the time the trading Honor System on so many different forums works so well.
    I'm grateful for the smooth and enjoyable transactions I've had with so many different sellers on so many different forums. Paypal is great, and most people deal with integrity.

Thieves are despicable sleazeballs, often mentally ill in obvious ways, and usually live miserable existences. They exploit that law enforcement is busy frying bigger fish and that the court system bureaucracy is designed to pad a lot of pockets but not deliver much 'justice'.
    It may be no consolation to the victims that scumbag fraudsters are bottom feeders moving in scumbag circles. Whatever they scam slips right through their fingers to some scumbag roommate, some thieving one night stand or hookup, pawn shop, etc.

Hope this works out. At least posting this thread is a useful warning, and hopefully it will save other people some grief.

11. SparkinFlint

SparkinFlint

Jan 30, 2014
    So wtf happened? did he get arrested?

12. FLymon

FLymon Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 23, 2006
    not that i know of

13. salvy

salvy

Feb 28, 2014
    Hi Folks,

New guy here. It's amazing how much information is on the web. Try reverse phone number lookup. Try "Intelius.com". click the link.

http://www.intelius.com/results.php...&qmi=&qn=janowicz&qcs=Lowell,+MA&focusfirst=1

The "Veteran's Agent" in the city of Lowell should know Keith. It appears Keith worked for "Veteran's Affairs". He might be a vet. He could have been a truck driver's helper or a... whatever. click the link:

http://www.lowellma.gov/veterans/Pages/default.aspx

The Assessors will tell you about his auto registration, where he lives/lived, and if he owns a home in the city (I think he lives with Mommy. Denise Mindes).

I live close. Want I should have him whacked? Or should you guys just em bare ass him? Rat Bestid!

Sal

14. SinePari

SinePari

Oct 24, 2013
    11/4/2013 Keith Janowicz, 30, of 3 Forestview Ave, Lowell, MA 01850 in Lowell was arrested for alleged shoplifting...

at least he's consistent... and lest we forget to update his address....

15. FLymon

FLymon Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 23, 2006
    Thanks for the update. Reaffirmation of my earlier post

16. SinePari

SinePari

Oct 24, 2013
    I just hope the kids don't inherit his lack of character.

I assume the mods keep the name and address on the wall of shame, no?

From now on out I'm going to research everyone I do a $$$ or trade transaction with by searching their name and address.... It would be a real kicker if there were some form of serial number on knives, that way if it ever showed up in a pawn shop they would have to cross reference said knife through a database....

17. shadowmed

shadowmed

May 27, 2013
    Reading stuff like this is an out right shame.....I have been a member here for a while but just joined Gold status and began selling 3 days ago. As you would figure I didn't have any feedback score so I knew how it would be. I sold a knife to Gunslinger686 and sent him the knife before payment so he would trust me. Of course after he received the knife he IMMEDIATELY paid me...actually over paid me some. Men should have honor...simple as that....if you don't then you have NOTHING!!

thank you again for your help & trust Gunslinger686

18. Kyle_4

Kyle_4

Mar 21, 2013
    Just looked him up on facebook...looks like that is the guy.

19. Gunslinger686

Gunslinger686

Nov 19, 2003

Scott you were the one that was out on the limb think you for trusting me! All is as it should be.