• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

SCAMMER ALERT!! KEITH JANOWICZ, aka FingerBlade scammed me in a trade.

FLymon

Gold Member
I have been giving FingerBlade the benefit of the doubt but now I am convinced he scammed me from the get go.

We went back and forth a few times on an offer he made me for a knife I offered for trade here. We agreed to terms on the 3rd of this month and I sent my end out USPS Priority insured, DC# 03121430000180572898. It was delivered (late, but not something I could control) on the 7th. FingerBlade contacted me when he got it to let me know how perfect he thought it was, and to ask about carbon steel and how I keep it from tarnishing, and that is the last I have heard from him.

He was supposed to have sent his end on the 3rd as well, but the DC # 03122120000145356467 he sent me started tracking on the morning of the 4th. At the time I thought no big deal, until that tracking info showed it was delivered the same day to his zip code. I sent him an email asking him what happened and he claimed the package was returned to him for having insufficient postage and he was re-sending the package that day on DC# 03122120000145350489, which as you can see if you click the link, either never got sent or doesn't exist.

FingerBlade's last activity here on the forum is the 7th, the same day he received my knife. His communication with me ceased on the same day and he has not responded to any of my emails. Some people I would give more time to respond but this guy emailed me over 35 times between the 27th of last month and the 7th of this month, so unless he got hit by a bus I am pretty sure he is ignoring me. He seemed to me to just be a sort of high strung talkative type guy who is really, really enamored with knives and just wanted to "fit in" around here, even if he was trying a bit too hard.

FingerBlade has been pretty active here since joining in August of this year and has a few good feedbacks from other trades so I treated him as I would like to be treated. Since my end was sent on the 3rd and I really had no leverage, I just rolled with things until now. I confirmed with the USPS this morning that the original DC# he gave me was not returned to him for any reason, that it was a normal delivery to the address it was intended for. In other words, he mailed himself something just to get a legit DC# long enough to get my end in the mail. Now that he has the knife he wanted, he is pulling a vanishing act.

My guess is you still visit here Keith, just not logged in as FingerBlade, and I hope you see this and do the right thing and either return what isn't yours or make good on your end of the deal.
If I don't hear from you by the 18th (two weeks after you should have sent your end of the trade) I am going to add your full name and address (and a phone number if I can find it) to this post.

Do the right thing Keith!

Last edited:
Seriously?!?!?!?!?

I just traded this guy my sebenza and an endura for his SMF. He sent me a photo of the package at the post office and 2 days later it got returned to sender. He told me he would straighten it out the next day. He told me everything was shipped but provided me no tracking information or DC#. I continued pestering him and he gave me a fake DC# on Saturday. I have been trying to get a hold of him all week to no avail.

Keith return my Sebenza, and my Endura immediately. Not cool man.

The exact same thing happened to me FLymon. So similar this guy has to be a scammer... Or if you are not Fingerblade clear your name and make things right!

Sent Fingerblade an email to contact you guys or myself with explanation.

Seriously?!?!?!?!?

I just traded this guy my sebenza and an endura for his SMF. He sent me a photo of the package at the post office and 2 days later it got returned to sender. He told me he would straighten it out the next day. He told me everything was shipped but provided me no tracking information or DC#. I continued pestering him and he gave me a fake DC# on Saturday. I have been trying to get a hold of him all week to no avail.

Keith return my Sebenza, and my Endura immediately. Not cool man.

Yep, this guy knew what he was doing.

I really hate to see this since I was hoping i it was just my $122 knife maybe he would repent, but now I really doubt it.

Sorry man.

WTF! This guy needs to get dealt with!! Not cool at all. Sorry you both are having to deal with a tool bag like this. I can only imagine there's more innocent people out there who got scammed by this POS as well.

Don't hold back, put this guy on blast!!!

Im out about $450 bucks....

Took a long time to buy that sebenza only to have it stolen. Looking back on it all of his initial trade images were fishy. like he google searched and sent me photos he found of SMFs. One had a black scale the other was green, said he had both scales for it and would send additional stuff in the package to me...

There are a lot of great people on these forums that I have dealt with but this guy is not one of them...

This is my experience with this guy in detail...

He offers me the brand new SMF and other items including a leather sheath for the SMF, a second scale and a leather strop for my used Sebenza 21 Insingo. I ship my stuff out to him inusred priority as we agreed. He sends me a photo of his envelope with only the priority mail sticker no insurance. Address was made out to me. Immediately I am thinking? Wait you said we were going to insure the package for $400.... I track my package to him and its delivered, I track the SMF and it says it was delivered to Lowell Mass? This is the location Fingerblade gave me to ship my insingo. I asked him about it and he said "wow can you believe that? i think it was my labeling? maybe they couldnt read it?"

So he said he would get everything sorted out first thing in the morning. BUT he also goes so far as to say the trade isnt fair, he said the Sebenza has some lock face deformities and is in worse condition than he thought and isnt happy with the trade. So I apologized and said firstly that I would reverse the trade and return his items to him when I got them if he would ship my blade back, he declined. I then said I would send him something extra for being so good with the SMF trade. He says he reshipped the SMF and gave me new tracking, so I shipped him my endura and some extras, widgey pry bar, a skull bead lanyard for his trouble to even out our trade, he says "your a stand up guy".

Next day I track the SMF its not in the system. I called USPS and they said that the label number is wrong, and to contact the shipper, turns out the tracking number is fake.

I emailed him every day this week with no response whatsoever. Just wanted to document this if others have had the same experience with this guy.

This guy is scum. What's his name and shipping address so no one gets taken by him again?

You ask and you shall receive Maprik

Keith Janowicz
3 forestview ave
Lowell ma

If anyone is even speaking to this guy, end your trade now.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you have all the pertinent info and back up emails etc. can something not be done with the local P.P. or P.O.? Is this not a sort of mail fraud;at the very least

outright theft?

If you have all the pertinent info and back up emails etc. can something not be done with the local P.P. or P.O.? Is this not a sort of mail fraud;at the very least

outright theft?

I agree. If you have all the emails and so on where this was worked out, you should have a leg to stand on if you choose to take legal action. Mail fraud is defined as "any fraudulent scheme to intentionally deprive another of property or honest services via mail". So yes, this would fit as mail fraud.

FLymon and I are looking into taking legal action.

Waiting to see if the email from Karda has any effect on the situation.

Thanks for all your support guys. No one wants a guy like this around, ever...

Google "Keith janowicz scammer" you will find that he pulled the same stunt on the talon air rifle forum a couple of years ago years ago. If you poke around that site there is some more info about him.

Google "Keith janowicz scammer" you will find that he pulled the same stunt on the talon air rifle forum a couple of years ago years ago. If you poke around that site there is some more info about him.

What! You mean this guy is a habitual mail fraud thief POS?!! I hope he gets bit by the knives he stole! And a flat tire, and mugged, and a mean case of diarrhea!!

What a low life!
I sure hope this thread saves anyone from doing a trade with this scumbag.

Back