Schrade 152OT Sharpfinger

Here's another recent one. An example of the DS15 Federal Duck Stamp 2001-2002. I already had one but it came with only the presentation box, knife and money clip. This example is complete with shipping box and all paperwork. Not shown is the wad of internal shipping tissue paper to keep the contents from shifting out of the tray.

This one is serial #1897. I have no idea how many of the 4,000 projected in the flyer were produced and sold. But the MSRP was a relatively high $150 so possibly not their advertised limit.

Last edited:
I hear that! Those unexpected finds are a fun part of collecting. I'd been watching this knife too. I was drawn to the hallmark because it is quite unusual on a Sharp Finger and because I own the factory "G" hallmark stamp from 1991. If it had been a "G" on the knife I likely would have tried to intercept your Hail Mary. Congrats on your latest!
"G" did you say? I just received this green handled brass shielded DU knife and it is hallmarked "G", most likely for DU Canada.152DUG 1.jpg152DUG Hallmark.jpg

I found a yellow Sharp finger nothing on the handle , on the blade it says Schrade + with USA below, what is it, i sent the picture to Codgers Email,

Last edited:
I picked up another Sharpfinger this weekend (Surprised??).

I was cruising the 'Bay going into this weekend and came across a new BIN listing that I just couldn't resist, even though I didn't need it since I already had one. Or two. Besides the listed price even included shipping! It seems the plastic is badly cracked on the face of the clampack, but for the price, it won't matter if I unpackage it. Though I likely won't. This is the next to the last package card art design, post-2001, pre-2003.

The hollow grind started after July of 2001. And sometime between then and 2003 the company began having boxes and clampack cards printed in China for the U.S. made knives. Here are both the earlier and later blue stripe clampack cards. The top one is the one I just received and the bottom is one I already had.
anonymous image sites

Last edited:
Surveying the Sharpfinger Scrimshaw tangstamps, I find that
1980 - 1992 was SC502 and 1993 -1997 was 502SC. Quite a few of these knives were sold over the years without the art applied. SMKW sold them from time to time and there were some sold from the factory liquidation.
image hosting api

Last edited:
Great knife! I'm sure it will serve you well. Welcome to the Schrade forum!

I finally landed a sambar NYKC branded Sharp Finger that's been on my want-list for a decade. Seller accepted my offer of $75USD including shipping. I think it would be tough to get one much cheaper. :thumbsup:

It will pair well with my Herman Williams Sharp Finger. I really like the burnt sambar handles and the propeller shield. These particular handles look very well matched. I can't wait to get it!
wTYRh88.jpg

Svd6uPA.jpg

zb9EU6J.jpg

6nZ2nAR.jpg

I33ycVv.jpg

MIa7Mws.jpg

7ziUi3x.jpg

eWjMXZc.jpg
I Just picked up a New York Walden Burnt stag like yours on ebay for 53.00 in September 2021 like new, so you can get the cheaper

No, I bought none of them. I was told they went to Herman Williams though. I did get the last one I needed of the three True Value Master Mechanic variants from Doug though.
with his passing wouldn't it be nice to see Herman's collection

Another SFO Ducks Unlimited edition Scrimshaw. This one for DU Missouri, noted one of an order of 125 pieces. With DU logo branded sheath.

Last edited:
Back