Schrade Eye Candy from Down Under

..bringing up this thread for Delmas2nd to show my 2OT/ 3OT photos he appearantly hadn't seen.....some of the first 8OT's as well but none of the 8OT's in Meerschaum bone...Hoo Roo

Well, I am working on it but am not quite there yet. Meanwhile, here is a 2203, in tiptop shape, which is the spear version, the other one being the 2203 1/2, which is, as Larry says, was the precursor of the 2OT.

pre001.jpg
[/IMG]

I believe this one is a Schrade Cut Co 2203 -- 3-1/2" closed (spear blade, stag)

Mark side scale was repaired prior to me owning it - the pen blade is a little light in the loafers - both blades have very good travel and snap. Has those nice Washington bolsters.

I think I've got it identified correctly, if not, please suggest another model number.

Howie

52820101128sccmodel2203.jpg

Last edited:
Larry, That is a really fine collection of Schrades. Especially considering their vintage. :cool:
-Bruce

Bringing up this thread again as it contains details not only the 2203 3/4 which was the predecessor of the 2OT with the beautiful washington bolsters but there are also details on the craftsman 2OT which is possibly more scarce than them all, apart from the 3OT...how often do we see a Craftsman 2OT these days?....Hoo Roo

Bringing up this thread again as it contains details not only the 2203 3/4 which was the predecessor of the 2OT with the beautiful washington bolsters but there are also details on the craftsman 2OT which is possibly more scarce than them all, apart from the 3OT...how often do we see a Craftsman 2OT these days?....Hoo Roo
I'm glad you did. These knives are always worth another look. ;)
-Bruce

P.S. The second and fourth knives in those 2OT photos <2OT & 3OT> were in Herman Williams< whom you've been discussing> personal collection and came from the Wall Collection he helped set up. Those are the actual knives photographed in Sargents #2 Edition from the late 80's....[/QUOTE]

I keep telling you Larry I will pay $50 for the 2OT, I know we are good friends - not that good of a friend. Thank You for the look, that is worth $50 alone.

Just bringing up this thread regarding the dating of the first Old Timers. The contemporary Schrade Flyers are dated 1960 for the bone handled 2OT and 8OT Old Timers.
lrv's and Codgers previous research I understood revealed there were total 13,149, 2OT's manufactured 1959 to 1963 and the last 516 2OT's were actually 'shipped' in 1964.
Herman Williams has revealed that he believes no more than half dozen bone handled 3OT's were made in 1959 however the design with the sheepsfoot blade was not continued..they were in all other respects identical to the 2OT...one of these scarce 3OT's is shown in page one photos...both the 2OT and 3OT in photos were originally owned by Herman Williams and were displayed on the Schrade Conference Room wall.....<so far we have noted 4 of these very scarce knives...one mint, one in superior condition, one average condition, and one very used/parts knife>......there were 780 2OT's made in 1959 by Schrade- Walden for Sears <Sears No: 9530> with the Craftsman shields.....so even more scarce than the unshielded 2OT's....
The delrin handled various Old Timers were from 1964 onwards..........and are shown in dated Schrade-Walden flyers on lrv's site....Hoo Roo

Bumped up for member Tom Chase....here are the 2OT and 3OT Tom, and with numbers produced....Hoo Roo

Thank you Larry- You are the best! Those beautiful 2 OT & 3 OT are resting well along-side of my Craftsman 2 OT and a couple of spare 2 OTs that I happen to have. The Craftsman 2 OT I have is in excellent condition but nearly as nice as the 2 & 3 OTs. They are the cornerstone of my collection along with a few other special Schrades that I have.

Tom

Incredible, absolutely incredible.

The 2OT's have got to be the best representation of Schrade Walden's transition between first half and second half of 20th Century knife production.

IMHO, of course.

Does lrv,Larry Vickery still read/post here?......few have done more to promote USA Schrade than Larry V for many years...Hoo Roo

Does lrv,Larry Vickery still read/post here?......few have done more to promote USA Schrade than Larry V for many years...Hoo Roo
According to his profile he was last on the forum Sept 1st, 2017. So nine days ago?

Likely we will never see the likes of these stunning Schrades all together again in one thread, and with their Schrade History's...Hoo Roo

PS. It is a pity that all the photos probably running into the 100's of rare/scarce Schrades I posted from early 2000's to 2014 have all been sent/wiped to the Bermuda Triangle....posterity did not last long....at least some are still on Larry Vickery's Schrade/Camillus site under Collectors Corner/Larry Downunder...

Last edited:
PS. It is a pity that all the photos probably running into the 100's of rare/scarce Schrades I posted from early 2000's to 2014 have all been sent/wiped to the Bermuda Triangle....
One of my biggest laments. I take it most of those were hosted on photobucket? After what they have done, I would "never" even consider using them for photo hosting! :thumbsdown: :mad: :thumbsdown:

No Ballenxj….Never used a Host, they were all posted direct from my photo library as then, Paid Gold Member....someone has made the decision to make some Computer space I feel.....their likes will never be seen again together..pity as this is/was a 'Schrade Collectors Corner'.......Hoo Roo

No Ballenxj….Never used a Host, they were all posted direct from my photo library as then, Paid Gold Member....someone has made the decision to make some Computer space I feel.....their likes will never be seen again together..pity as this is/was a 'Schrade Collectors Corner'.......Hoo Roo
That was a shame, and a bad decision on somebodies part. Those images are irreplaceable. :(

Back