Scrap Yard Is Excited To Introduce The Killer Cool SYclone! . . .Coming this Wednesday, 2-7-2024 at 9:00 PM Eastern!

It differs, usually pretty quick unless otherwise stated, I believe the last one I ordered (Free Rein 28) was stated at 12-16 weeks. My completely subjective average is probably around 30-60 days.

Killer Cool SYclone aka KC SYclone I think Jerry had some inside information when he posted this one. 🤣

I need help...I can't decide on the finish.

Can someone run me down which would be the best option for me?

I live in Cali, when we go hiking camping it is usually very dry. Don't forsee any tactical/combat use or taking it abroad. Don't really see myself using for food prep, besides smashing something fo the fun of it. Only maritime use I see is taking it on the ferry to an island or two we got here.

We do a bit of winter mountain camping from time to time, and there is snow.

Purely looks wise, I Iike the stonewashed. But, it'll look all acratched up after few chops here and there. (Can someone share a Stonewashed user pic?)

So if it's scratched up, then scratched up coated version is just as good. My b11 is coated, and looks pretty cool with warn coating as well...maybe would look great with my Sage tg nano, although its a toss up up between nano and sob for camping pairing.

Only comp finish I have is TGULB, and it's cool in it's own right...probably would be the one with least changes due to use as new scratches would just blend with old scratched. And does have that "brutal" tool look...probably would be the one to get to resell down the line but I have 0 intentions to sell it.

Anyway, I just can't decide between all 3 finishes. What would you suggefor me? Why?

Last edited:

I live in Cali, when we go hiking camping it is usually very dry. Don't forsee any tactical/combat use or taking it abroad. Don't really see myself using for food prep, besides smashing something fo the fun of it. Only maritime use I see is taking it on the ferry to an island or two we got here.

Purely looks wise, I Iike the stonewashed. But, it'll look all acratched up after few chops here and there. (Can someone share a Stonewashed user pic?)

So if it's scratched up, then scratched up coated version is just as good. My b11 is coated, and looks pretty cool with warn coating as well...maybe would look great with my Sage tg nano, although its a toss up up between nano and sob for camping pairing.

Only comp finish I have is TGULB, and it's cool in it's own right...probably would be the one with least changes due to use as new scratches would just blend with old scratched. And does have that "brutal" tool look...probably would be the one to get to resell down the line but I have 0 intentions to sell it.

Anyway, I just can't decide between all 3 finishes. What would you suggefor me? Why?
To be honest, I had the same problem/indecision, so I used the Spin the Wheel app.
It chose Sage, which I really like. I can always Ghetto Strip if I want.
🍺🍺🍺

I was thinking of the RMJ, but the Regulator handle is so comfy. The SYclone is also pointier and INFI, so...🍺🍺

I normally order Comp but I went with stonewashed this time. While the wear on the coated blades looks good, the coating can hide the CBT grooves a bit. The stonewashed is $30 less than the Comp and they both look great.

Makes sense on the grooves...was the price difference the only reason you skipped on the comp finish?

Back