Sebenza 31 Lock Rock?!

I’m still waiting for CRK to announce they are going out of business due to nobody buying these “faulty” 31’s.
Right? If the 31 is such absolute trash they should be available everywhere... Seems like a strange phenomenon.

Edit: Something just occurred to me. Maybe the reason they're sold out everywhere is because Blues Blues is doing his self appointed public service so well.

Right? If the 31 is such absolute trash they should be available everywhere... Seems like a strange phenomenon.

Edit: Something just occurred to me. Maybe the reason they're sold out everywhere is because Blues Blues is doing his self appointed public service so well.

Tim Reeve is playing 5D chess: Make the worst CRK ever, with a rubber-noodle lockbar (guaranteed to cost you at least one finger), all to trash your father’s stellar legacy and sully your family name, and at the same time convince the entire world they want one, and then raise prices, which people keep paying, then create a shortage to drive up the secondary market prices even more!

His psychology degree is really coming in handy!!!!!

I got two of the first 31’s. Both were sent back and had the lockside replaced because of a weak lockbar. Now I have 31’s who’s scale numbers don’t match. CRK even said they were weak and that was why they replaced them.

How they are now, no idea as I haven’t bought any more.

Someones horse is looking pretty high right now.

Woah Woah Woah...

Don't go rustlin anyone's jimmies here.

The two 31’s I have that have been fixed, work as intended now.

However, when a certain poster dismisses the fact that the first ones had issues and passive aggressively claims other posters are liars is what I take offence to.

Last edited:
Hi everyone first post here. I am an extremely long lurker and studied this forum before purchasing four sebenzas in rapid succession. Im in Australia, crk is absurdly hard to buy here but I had a run of luck with dlt. None of my sebenzas have rock (literally zero play) unlike my benchmades where two of four do. My sebenzas were made between nov22 and feb23. Hope this helps with the data collection in this thread.

Sorry to bring this thread up again.

But I need to take back most of what I posted here.

My june 27 31 is perfect. There is no lock rock. The detent is better now with the bigger ceramic ball and with MagnaCut at 64 HRC this is a very nice upgrade of CRK's flagship.

I’m gonna chalk it up to using the public as beta testers then handling it very poorly when called out on it.
They appear to have solved the issue but that doesn’t excuse the denial and BS it’s a feature line.

As for the 31 today? I’m a huge fan, the knife won me over.

I’m gonna chalk it up to using the public as beta testers then handling it very poorly when called out on it.
They appear to have solved the issue but that doesn’t excuse the denial and BS it’s a feature line.

As for the 31 today? I’m a huge fan, the knife won me over.

Yes there was some trouble in the start, true dat, maybe there should have been more/better testing before sending them out. But for those who was hit by that the customer service is there. And while I dont know what they did, they fixed it.

I can induce some flex with my 21's and I need the same force to do it on this 31 if not even more.

Last edited:
Sorry to bring this thread up again.

But I need to take back most of what I posted here.

My june 27 31 is perfect. There is no lock rock. The detent is better now with the bigger ceramic ball and with MagnaCut at 64 HRC this is a very nice upgrade of CRK's flagship.

I didn’t know they switched to bigger balls.

Did they do it across the 31 line or just the L or S’s?

The problem has been fixed?

I have two recent production 31s (a large and a small) and both have lock rock. I wouldn't use either for a task that might cause the knife to close on my fingers, but then again, I don't use ~$500 knives for those kinds of tasks anyway.

It's not a big deal and I'm not going to worry about it. It should be said that new CRKs are most certainly still shipping out with a less-solid lockup than 21s had.

To be clear, the blades in my previous versions of CRK's knives did not move in any direction when locked. Both of my 31s do. It's a fact.

Please don't roast me. :(

The problem has been fixed?

I have two recent production 31s (a large and a small) and both have lock rock. I wouldn't use either for a task that might cause the knife to close on my fingers, but then again, I don't use ~$500 knives for those kinds of tasks anyway.

It's not a big deal and I'm not going to worry about it. It should be said that new CRKs are most certainly still shipping out with a less-solid lockup than 21s had.

To be clear, the blades in my previous versions of CRK's knives did not move in any direction when locked. Both of my 31s do. It's a fact.

Please don't roast me. :(
No roasting. If it moves it moves. Mine does not. Actually as tight as my 21 and just as solid as my

My question is how the lock rock presented itself. During use or you pushing on the spine?

Last edited:
Back