Share the Wealth - The REK buy/sell/trade thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
REK Ember 2.5 in CPM Cruwear w/ OD green scales and black scale spacers for sale.
Carried and used but in great shape.
Josh just installed the scale spacers.
Comes with the OEM kydex sheath and this Duramax leather sheath.

Withdrawn.

Derrel

e1.jpge2.jpge3.jpg

Last edited:
For anyone who is interested, I have some canted Ember 2.5 sheaths available currently. They are in raw form at the moment so you can choose your thread and dye color!

This is your chance to skip the longer lead time!

Check the posting out here.

Thanks Josh for allowing me to post my work here. πŸ‘πŸΌ

SOLD

I've got a custom Ember 3.5 I'm selling, this is the last one from the previous batch. I wanted to have some fun w/ this one so added some CF bolsters to compliment the desert ironwood scales, features CF pins. The red 'pivot collar' was supposed to match the red (and looked like it would when in straight tube form) but I later found out that Maker Material Supply gets their liner g10 and tube g10 from two different suppliers so the shade doesn't match.

Anyway, this is Magnacut at 63-64hrc and does NOT come with a sheath. Full satin finish at 220 grit on the grind and 400 grit on the flats. handle is about .5" thick.

Price is $400 shipped to USA addresses.

i-JxLmxBJ-XL.jpg
i-6q2TndF-XL.jpg
i-BfVLQ3N-XL.jpg

And one disclaimer... it does have a super fine hairline scratch on the non-show flats that can ONLY be seen at the exact right angle in harsh lighting. I had the blade taped up for glue up and handle shaping/finishing so not sure where it came from but wanted to disclose here.

i-mQ4rTGm-XL.jpg

Last edited:
I've got a custom Ember 3.5 I'm selling, this is the last one from the previous batch. I wanted to have some fun w/ this one so added some CF bolsters to compliment the desert ironwood scales, features CF pins. The red 'pivot collar' was supposed to match the red (and looked like it would when in straight tube form) but I later found out that Maker Material Supply gets their liner g10 and tube g10 from two different suppliers so the shade doesn't match.

Anyway, this is Magnacut at 63-64hrc and does NOT come with a sheath. Full satin finish at 220 grit on the grind and 400 grit on the flats. handle is about .5" thick.

Price is $400 shipped to USA addresses.

i-JxLmxBJ-XL.jpg
i-6q2TndF-XL.jpg
i-BfVLQ3N-XL.jpg

And one disclaimer... it does have a super fine hairline scratch on the non-show flats that can ONLY be seen at the exact right angle in harsh lighting. I had the blade taped up for glue up and handle shaping/finishing so not sure where it came from but wanted to disclose here.

i-mQ4rTGm-XL.jpg

Dibs. :)

On that note...

I have an Ember 3.5 MagnaCut (63-64rc) with upgraded satin flats and sculpted, black canvas Micarta scales for sale now, lol.

$315 shipped. SOLD!

XOai3KL.jpg

XelC8U7.jpg

4QImEzd.jpg

Last edited:
I hope this is ok to post in this thread. I wasn't able to be buying knives at the time these got started dropping. I am interested in picking up one of Josh's knives in Cruwear preferably. But first I wanted to know which models were offered in Cruwear? Were both the small and larger Ember both offered in Cruwear?

Thanks for and help and answers.

JJ

Hey JJ! I have done the 2.5's in cruwear, m390, and now magnacut. I haven't done any 3.5's in cruwear other than customs IIRC... The magnacut is basically a stainless version of cruwear/4v so I haven't seen a need for future batches and this way you don't have to maintain under the scales as much (even though magnacut WILL rust)

Last edited:
Hey JJ! I have done the 2.5's in cruwear, m390, and now magnacut. I haven't done any 3.5's in cruwear other than customs IIRC... The magnacut is basically a stainless version of cruwear/4v so I haven't seen a need for future batches and this way you don't have to maintain under the scales as much (even though magnacut WILL rust)

Thanks for the quick response Josh. I have yet to try magnacut, but cruwear has long been one of my favorites. I've found I really prefer a non stainless in my fixed blades. Even though my two favorites Cruwear and Nathan's D3V are pretty resistant in normal uses for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back