Share your French traditional/regional pocket knives

JTB_5 JTB_5 your situation saddens me and if you ever need to let that go to lessen your experience I would be willing to help you out
;)
Very nice sorry not everything was as you expected it happens but still looks great
G2
That's very thoughtful of you, Gary. My review probably sounds more critical than my feelings about the knife. While it was overpriced, I really do like the covers a lot, and I used it for dinner this evening and it cuts like a knife! I find that with unknown makers there is an implicit caveat emptor. Even the crack in the ebony took me eying the knife very closely. I wish I could say that businesses today (or even independent sellers) take pride in carefully checking their products, it seems to have become less of a norm, and more of an exception.
That is a really pretty knife! I'm sorry to hear it wasn't quite what you thought it should be. Something I've come to find from most european knives, especially French ones is that the cost for good quality is generally quite a bit more than what we are used to here in the US. Also, I've seen a lot of knives with expensive handle materials and guilloche which are not built or finished well. Instead, the maker takes a slap it together as fast as possible approach and sell it for a lot because of the fancy handle material.

At any rate, that knife looks like it could be a real stunner with a bit of sanding and polishing. Thanks for sharing!!
I've had the same experience. There is just a different standard level among some companies, and this is true even in the USA. Unless you can go and inspect a knife in person, or the company has a stellar record, you are going to have to be willing to take a hit once in awhile. And this one still has beautiful covers!

Super impressed with this Laguiole Le Pocket Classic Range Ebony, 14C28N Stainless Steel with Matt Finish Lockback
Blade perfectly centered, no play or wobble. Impeccable workmanship throughout . Bravo Fontenille Pataud !!! Well done. Merci Beaucoup !!!
Just arrived today and no bonding phase necessary. Into the preferred EDC rotation she goes without a burp, glitch, hiccup, or second thought :) ~~~

tZyI39E.jpg

B BrotherJim Glad to hear this! F-P make a really decent quality knife, not inexpensive mind but worth it. I have/had four of them, 3 XS small locking Laguioles and a larger 10cm one too. One of the smalls in Horntip-hah to have it recovered after a girlfriend put the original Walnut one in the dishwasher :eek: has gone perma missing since I had to attend some very boring conference on the other side of the country, big loss.

Thanks, Will

B BrotherJim Glad to hear this! F-P make a really decent quality knife, not inexpensive mind but worth it. I have/had four of them, 3 XS small locking Laguioles and a larger 10cm one too. One of the smalls in Horntip-hah to have it recovered after a girlfriend put the original Walnut one in the dishwasher :eek: has gone perma missing since I had to attend some very boring conference on the other side of the country, big loss.

Thanks, Will

Oh man, Will. Sorry about the loss. It just wasn't meant to be with that one. Recover and then loss. Brutal.
Action is so smooth on this new Le Pocket lockback, it's like skating on ice. Just nothing I can find fault with on this one.
Worst thing I can find is when I purposely TRY to catch my fingertip on the blade tip when in the closed position.

Back