Photos Sharing CRK Art - My CRK Collection

SweetSebenzaSaturday!

My offering today is what we did on our front porch on a cloudy morning, a redo of my Annuals, paired up by inlay. A couple new arrivals and some departures changed this up for the better. So here we have;

Lg/Sm 1999 Dyed Maple Burl/Southwestern Maple
Lg 2000/Sm 2002 Desert Ironwood
Lg 2001/Sm 2004 California Buckeye Burl
Lg 2002/Sm 2003 Walnut/Macassar Ebony Burl. *I chose the Macassar because it's the only Macassar Burl I've ever seen. Most are the normal wood. This looks a LOT like Walnut Burl.
Lg/Sm 2003 Curly Maple
Lg 2003/Sm 2006 Redwood
Lg/Sm 2004 Walnut Burl
Lg/Sm 2005 Snakewood
Lg 2006/Sm 1999 Box Elder
Lg/Sm 2007 Mammoth Bark
Lg/Sm 2008 Mammoth Ivory
Lg/Sm 2009 Thuya
Lg/Sm 2010 Spalted Maple
Lg/Sm 2011 Wengewood

AnnualsPaired_Balcony-1FBs.jpg

Wow. Those inlays are absolutely gorgeous, and the variety is incredible.

Far past what I consider the glory years (2003-2007) of the Annuals, the 2011's were the last year they were made. They were the only year that only one inlay was offered, and also the only year any kind of decoration was added to the inlays. Gold and silver beads grace the Wengewood, sit down into divots so they wouldn't get knocked out. These were slow to sell, and have lagged behind other years in value, but are starting to catch up.
Large and small 2011 Annuals with with Wengewood inlays.

2011Annual_Wengewood-Both-1.jpg2011Annual_Wengewood-Balcony1.jpg

Of all the Sebenzas in the world, this is one of the greats. A masterpiece. Something about the colour scheme, the suggestion of feathers in the UG art on the handle, and Damascus. I think this knife is the one where all the best CRK design elements came together in one offering.

Of all the Sebenzas in the world, this is one of the greats. A masterpiece. Something about the colour scheme, the suggestion of feathers in the UG art on the handle, and Damascus. I think this knife is the one where all the best CRK design elements came together in one offering.

I agree, it is. But it took me a lot time to appreciate that. I spent at least the first 5 years I had this one thinking it's graphics were bland. Then one day I really looked at it......

And now, the reveal of another grail, a really sweet Mammoth Bark Mnandi with Zebra damascus. :)

2005MammothBark_ZebraDamascusMnandi-Paired2k.jpg2005MammothBark_ZebraDamascusMnandi-Balcony1.jpg

I’ve seen a zebra or two, and that is indeed a really sweet one!

Thanks! What really makes that one stand out, besides how pretty the inlays are, is how well the front and back match. You just don't see that on colorful Mammoth, since it's not slices from a block of wood like wood inlays are.

Back