Photos SharpByCoop's Gallery of Handmade Knives

Illustrious maker Bob @ApplebyKnives revels in his FIRST damascus blade. He polished it for a 'ghosting' effect.⁠

Those bronze fittings sure are well done, and then there is that stag; that INCREDIBLE stag....⁠

He's darn good sheath maker as well.⁠

Model: Take down clip point Bowie⁠
BL/OAL: 5 1/2 inches/10 inches⁠
Material: 1084/15n20 twist⁠
Forged_by: Robert Appleby⁠
Bolster: Bronze⁠
Handle: Amber dyed sambar stag⁠
Sheath: Robert Appleby⁠
Knife Comments: The significance of this is this is my very first piece of damascus. It is polished to give a ghosted effect.⁠

Appleby_211110A.jpg

Bowie Country! @JCProvost hails from Mississippi, and we recall the origins for the modern USA Bowie began in a MS sandbar fight. Or so it's told....⁠

This MONSTER 10.5" blade of CPM154 sports an oval guard and ancient mammoth ivory.⁠

This is a frame handle build. NOT easy!⁠

Charismatic sheath by Kenny @RowesLeather

Provost_211120.jpg

Take-down GOODNESS! @BrettBennettKnives is fastidious in his builds and shop cleanliness.⁠

This mosaic fighter forged by him also includes wrought iron, nickel, and copper in the guard area.⁠

That desert ironwood looks terrific, and will look great in 100 years as well. Long-term stability.⁠

Bennett_211120.jpg

'Dragon Slayer'! 👀 I'd agree. @BillPoorCustomKnives is a renowned award-winning blacksmith, and here's WHY!⁠

Knife: Fixed Fighter⁠
Model: Dragon Slayer⁠
BL/OAL: 8.5 overall 14 inches⁠
Material: 1080 and 15/20 and high nickel content powder steel⁠
Forged_by: bill poor⁠
Bolster: 1080/15/20⁠
Handle: quilted poplar⁠
Frame: 1080/15/20⁠

Poor_211203.jpg

Red ALERT! Andrew Meers, MS @Solid_State_Studios is one of those shake-your-head-in-disbelief makers. ⁠

'Catacombs Fighter' 10"BL/15"OAL in ebony and silver.⁠

His cutlery visions always include something captivating and surprising.⁠

Presented at the @ArtKnifeInvitational he is in another world altogether. I'm pleased to see him enter ours on occasion!⁠

View attachment 1702443
This Catacombs Fighter is an awesome piece and concept.
I am glad you paused here this has so much detail that it requires a couple of visits to appreciate.
I need a larger monitor I just realized.
Thank you makers and Coop for the exhibition!

Best I can offer. LOTS of good info.

Jim Cooper/SharpByCoop - YouTube Interview

I have become so busy in the past six mos. that posting here took a backseat.

I, (like 90% of makers) spend the efforts on Instagram (and Facebook, and Twitter, and Pinterest.)

Sadly it's changed the landscape in this valuable arena.

Some great tips in your video Coop. Are you still using the same brand of strobes? Your images were breathtaking years ago but you still manage to improve (if you know what to look for) I tip my hat to you. Now, if I could just figure out the thing that you do.
Greg

Hi Greg,

I still use strobes, and have two sets. One is lighter and is my travel setup, and the other stays setup in my studio.

No difference in operation. I still find ways to optimize lighting, mostly with my mirror placements now.

I am pleased you like what you see. I am typing during a trip to Australia, where I captured work from the Sydney Knife Show...

I promise a unique post on this here in C&HK once I am settled. SO much good vibes and knives!

Coop

Hi R richardlw42 Welcome to Bladeforums.

Well, when I clicked on your link I thought this was too good to be true!

WOW! Page 1, full of images. There they began....

...and there they ended. :( Clicking to page 2 and beyond gets a message that they were not archived. Ugghhhh.

Unless you are better than me. I appreciate page one, nonetheless!

Thank you. Jim

Back