Photos SharpByCoop's Gallery of Handmade Knives

Slender and formal! Final image from @Kolenko_Knives. Vladimir is simply an above-and-beyond craftsman.⁠

WHAT a privilege to capture! 👏🏼

www.Kolenko.com

BL/OAL: 17.5"/23.25"⁠
Material: Bertie Rietveld's Nebula Damascus⁠
Forged_by: @BertieRietveld
Bolster: Sterling silver, 14K gold, diamonds⁠
Handle: Pietersite, sterling silver, 14K gold, diamonds⁠

Kolenko_210922B.jpg

PROUD papa! @TonyHughes0666 handmade this College GRADUATION gift for his son! 🙏🏼

We are looking at an heirloom of the finest order!⁠

Knife: Dress Automatic Folder⁠
Model: Leaf spring auto⁠
BL/OAL: 3.25 - 7.25⁠
Material: Mosaic Damascus⁠
Forged_by: Tony Hughes, ABS JS⁠
Bolster: Mosaic Damascus⁠
Handle: Interior Mastodon Ivory⁠
Frame: Heat blued 15/N20⁠
Knife Comments: This knife is a College graduation gift for my son.

Hughes_210929 copy.jpg

What a SOPHISTICATED Persian fighter by Peter DelRaso! Just wonderful.⁠

Engraving by Marcello Pedini @engraving4u

Facebook: Peter Del Raso⁠
ABS/Guild: Life time member Australian Knifemakers Guild⁠
Knife: Fixed Fighter⁠
Model: Persian fighter⁠
BL/OAL: 8" X 13 1/4"⁠
Material: Takefu DP15 + VG10 core san mai⁠
Bolster: 416 stainless⁠
Handle: Natural Giraffe bone scales, black liners, Garnets in brass settings⁠
Sheath: Peter Del Raso⁠
Knife Comments: engraving with 14 ct gold inlaid Griffin heads by Marcello Pedini

DelRaso_210929.jpg

Classic + Outlandish = Majestic! Samuel Cobb @HilltopForge pauses the scroll with this dramatic build! ⁠

It's a tribute to an outstanding cause as well. 🙏🏼

OAL: 15"⁠
Material: ladder pattern Damascus over 80 CRV2⁠
Forged_by: Robert Scott⁠
Bolster: 416 Stainless⁠
Handle: Carbon fiber⁠
Comments: A tribute build to baby Ellis Walker, as all the proceeds were donated to their family as she battles osteopetrosis.⁠

I forecast a 'Bladeforums Best Bowie 2021' contender!⁠

Cobb_210929 copy.jpg

Luminous copper 'Sodbuster' ! @TBone7599 Travis Payne takes the warm approach.⁠

Jeweled copper scales demand to be handled often, and those sneaky bolsters!⁠

Knife: Dress Slipjoint Folder⁠
Model: Sod buster style⁠
BL/OAL: 3.5"⁠
Material: CPM-154⁠
Bolster: Integral Copper and Carbon Fiber bolsters and liners⁠
Handle: Jeweled copper⁠
Frame: Copper infused carbon fiber⁠

Payne_211002 copy.jpg

There's a LOT of action in this small folder! Peyton @RammKnives used his ABS/JS skills to good use!⁠

Model: Boone 2.0⁠
BL/OAL: 6 3/8" OAL⁠
Material: 15n20/1095⁠
Forged_by: Peyton Ramm⁠
Bolster: 15n20/1095⁠
Handle: Giraffe Bone⁠
Knife Comments: Bolster and Blade are 920 layers of laddered w's. Gold inlays are 24K⁠

Ramm_211002.jpg

Oh my...! 😳 Anders @HedlundKnives is one of 25 PROMINENT makers displaying at the upcoming @ArtKnifeInvitational.⁠

This hallmark split-blade design of his is eye-popping and captivating. He does it ALL, and his sense of proportions and tech skills are evident. Superior in all ways, and deserving of this show.⁠

I will be showing you MANY AKI images in the future. News soon....🙃

Hedlund_210830-wweb.jpg

Take me DOWN! Dennis @FriedlyKnives sets the bar HIGH for my @Blade_Show posts. ⁠

Picasso marble, damascus and a LOT of careful work!⁠

He brought me FIVE knives to capture, and I'll post a couple of them today!⁠

He didn't specify my *exploded* view, but I sure hope YOU love it! All it took was unscrewing that fine knurled knob.⁠Friedly_211008B-wweb.jpg

Chef's knife with ANCIENT skills! @AndreasKalani resurrects this art form. 🙏🏼

This was EXTREMELY captivating! Read his informative description below.

Khātam (Persian: خاتم‎) is an ancient Persian technique of inlaying. It is a version of marquetry where art forms are made by decorating the surface of wooden articles with delicate pieces of wood, bone, and metal precisely-cut intricate geometric patterns.

Khatam-Kari (خاتم‌کاری) or khatam-bandi (خاتم‌بندی) refers to the art of crafting a khatam. The exact time of the beginning of Khātam art is unknown, and what place and regions in the Persian empire were its original origin is not specified.

Khātam construction in Shiraz city (my birthplace) dates back to about a thousand years ago, which is why I name this beauty Pārsa, stands for Persepolis, the ceremonial capital of the Achaemenid Empire (c. 550–330 BC) in the southern part of IRAN by the Zagros mountains. The city of Shiraz is located 60 kilometers (37 mi) southwest of the ruins of Persepolis.

The materials used in constructing the handle are Camel Bone, Brass, and Walnut wood, inlaid and wrapped around stabilized turmeric wood. The Blade steel is high carbon 52100 with a hand-drawn, acid-washed, traditional Persian pattern design.

The pattern on the blade was designed by one of my good friends and a fantastic artist. She spent about a month developing and hand-drawing this stunning traditional Persian pattern on the blade.

The base is made from cherry wood with a traditional Persian miniature drawing (the Persian painting on paper sealed with resin) and wrapped with khātam.

Kalani_211008A.jpgKalani_211008B.jpg

That's it for today. More soon. I haven't caught up at ALL, but there's enough spent richness here to call bankruptcy!

I still have remaining from Blade Show West,and all of the Art Knife Invitational, PLUS my studio work in between trips.

I told you I am busy...

Thank you.

Wow,just wow.
That split blade design is beyond my imagination I know what I will be dreaming about tonight.

That's it for today. More soon. I haven't caught up at ALL, but there's enough spent richness here to call bankruptcy!

I still have remaining from Blade Show West,and all of the Art Knife Invitational, PLUS my studio work in between trips.

I told you I am busy...

Thank you.
Good work Coop!

Back