Photos SharpByCoop's Gallery of Handmade Knives

Unrecognized talent! 'Hobo' knifemaker Ed Burke from CT brought me 19 knives he's created over 15 years. I have shown you most of them in weeks past.⁠

My images are the first that they have been seen by the outside world. He has never shown them show or Beyond.

Here's a final series of similar knives I displayed for him. (The bottom knife on the second image, was his VERY first! )⁠

What a privilege to be able to show these pieces of his history and our world. Editors and writers have been notified. Let's hope we READ more about him!⁠

@eburkeknifemaker

Burke_210801N copy.jpg

Hooray! @Blade_Magazine delivers! FOUR of my clients ⁠
on the COVER!⁠

Congratulations to these fortunate men. 👏

"It ain't braggin' if it's TRUE!" 💪🏼

@NiceHandmadeKnives
@PaulDistefanoKnives
@EdsonRazors
@Bubba_Crouch_Custom_Knives

The Knives Annual 2022 edition is available through pre-orders and ALWAYS uplifts our world.⁠

it's one part inspiration and one part information, and reading the articles is one part relaxation.⁠

I can't wait for MY copy. I have EVERY ONE from 1983 onward!⁠

Thank you @Blade_Magazine and @JoeKertzman!⁠

Screen-Shot-2021-09-30-at-8.35.24-PM.jpg

THREE outstanding artists: Dennis @FriedlyKnives is our maker and visionary.⁠

He has included Gill Rudolph to engrave with GOLD inlays deep into the blade.⁠

The BLADE is damascus by Bob Eggerling!⁠

Model: Sub-hilt fighter⁠
BL: 8 1/2"⁠
Material: Snake skin Damascus⁠
Forged_by: Robert Eggerling⁠
Handle: Fossil walrus ivory⁠
Knife Comments: Intricate gold inlay in blade⁠

Friedly_210831.jpg

I am ALWAYS impressed when I handle @LarryNewtonKnives work.⁠

His mechanics, style, and fitment are as crisp as *anyone's*, and his tasteful engraving is always *just right*.⁠

Model: Symmetrical Auto Dagger⁠
BL/OAL: 3-3/4" 8-3/4"⁠
Material: Damasteel⁠
Bolster: Damascus, Vegas Forge⁠
Handle: Mammoth Ivory⁠
Frame: Titanium⁠
Sheath: Pouch⁠
Knife Comments: Damascus bolsters with 24 ct. gold borders and scrolls hot blued. 22 Diamonds mounted in curved 14 ct. Gold bands. Rocker bar has 14 ct. gold filled button, checkered. Titanium liners file worked and blue anodized. Spine engraved inside and out.⁠

Newton_210902.jpg

Bullseye! @MGregoryKnives and his wife Jill @JG.on.IG continue to influence our eyes and world.⁠

This Persian inspired 'utility' has just enough materials and intention to make it MORE than a utility.⁠

Jill's visions with her sheaths not only LOOK great, but this style allows this rig to be carried on left or right belt. Dang!⁠

Model: Swept Fighter⁠
BL/OAL: 6"/11-1/4"⁠
Material: Crucible CPM Magnacut⁠
Bolster: Richlite/titanium⁠
Handle: Cocobolo with titanium pin⁠
Frame: Black G10⁠
Sheath: Jill Gregory⁠
Knife Comments: Beveled spine.⁠

Gregory_210910.jpgGregory_210910B.jpg

YHyner_210905B copy.jpgoung GUN! Brandon @BH_Knife_Co is new to blacksmith and *talented*!⁠

Note his impressive damascus, and the modern usage of carbon fiber and ironwood⁠

Model: Damascus gentleman's hunter⁠
BL/OAL: 10 inches⁠
Material: Low layer twist Damascus⁠
Forged_by: Maker⁠
Bolster: Carbon fiber⁠
Handle: Desert iron wood and brass spacer⁠

Comments: This is the second knife of a design I made when I first started out blacksmithing and knife making. I forged my first Damascus billet with a smith in Texas in my first year of knife making and was forever grateful for that opportunity. Four years later I decided to finish the blade and was very pleased with the turnout. I decided to keep this blade as is was a big milestone knife for me and after posting online someone asked to purchase. I decided to make a similar blade instead. The second blade ended coming out much better than the first but I am extremely happy with the overall turnout of both blades

Veteran maker Richard S. Wright hails from Rhode Island, and has been crafting the finest in Gent's folders for 30+ years.⁠

His 'file work' has always been closer to carving.⁠

Model: Serial No. 333 Model 11⁠
BL/OAL: 3.5" / OAL 8"⁠
Material: Reforged to shape J.D. Smith Random Damascus⁠
Handle: Coffee colored Mammoth Ivory⁠
Frame: Titanium⁠
Knife Comments: Titanium Back Bar carved in a rope and floral design both inside and out. Titanium thumb stud with 4mm Synthetic Ruby.

Wright_210907 copy.jpg

Tribute to 'Lilly'. @SwordMatt created the takedown Camp Knife as a commission for a noted client.⁠

The client wanted a remembrance for a past loved one. 🙏🏼

Knife: Camp Knife⁠
Model: Lilly camp knife⁠
BL: 9"⁠
Material: 360 layer tight ladder damascus 15n20/1080⁠
Forged_by: MP⁠
Bolster: 416/Nu-Gold⁠
Handle: dyed stabilized maple burl⁠
Knife Comments: full take down

Parkinson_210904.jpgParkinson_210904B.jpg

Can I get a "Hell Yeah!"? Marc @Aldrich_Knife Takes pole position with his faux ivory subhilt.⁠

The overall lines, those SLIM guards, superb leather, and that loving grain all lap the field.⁠ 🏍️

Knife: Fixed Bowie⁠
BL/OAL: 10&7/8" tip to guard, 10&3/8" edge, 16&1/8" OAL⁠
Material: 80CrV2⁠
Bolster: 416SS⁠
Handle: Artificial Ivory⁠
Sheath: Marc Aldrich⁠
Knife Comments: Lined Sheath: quilted front panel with copper studs. Custom stainless belt/frog stud with copper and artificial ivory accents.

Aldrich_210908.jpgAldrich_210908B.jpg

WOW! @J.Frost_Knives takes the classic 'oval guard' hunter NEXT LEVEL.⁠

That sculpted handle says "Hold me" and that blade declares "Use me!" ⁠

#ForgedInFireChampion

Model: J. Frost Drop Point Hunter⁠
OAL: 12"⁠
Material: 80crv2⁠
Bolster/Spacer: Nickel Silver⁠
Handle: Spalted Quilted Maple⁠

frost_210910.jpg

History being FORGED! Nick @BachtelForgingCompany created this 'Michael Price' style gent's bowie. ⁠

Read the specifics on his build:⁠

Model: M. Price Style Gentleman's Bowie⁠
BL/OAL: 5 7/8"⁠
Material: 52100⁠
Bolster: Steel⁠
Handle: Elk Antler & Nickel Silver⁠
Sheath: Maker⁠
Knife Comments: M. Price style of construction where the full tang is forged after the guard is fit up.⁠

Bachtel_210911.jpg

'Hey babe, take a walk on the WILD side!' @Enso_Forge goes *all in* on his illustrious fighter.⁠

Model: Intention⁠
BL/OAL: 11" / 17"⁠
Material: 1095⁠
Forged_by: William Kalkbrenner⁠
Bolster: 1018⁠
Handle: Ironwood, 1018, copper⁠
Knife Comments: Differentially heat treated/ hamon ⁠
Checkered handle, Cold blued 1018 guard and fittings ⁠

Kalkbrenner_210917A copy.jpg

'Brut de' Forge'! Means the scale is left on the steel. Often the guard is forged into the blade. @Steve_Nuckels continues his traditional look with work from his own hearth: Potomac Forge.⁠

(Style tribute noted to Mastersmith Joe Keeslar.)⁠

Model: Moonshine Brute De Forge⁠
BL/OAL: 5 1/2" / 10" ⁠
Material: 1095⁠
Handle: Walnut, copper liners, silver wire inlay, polished scrimshaw moons⁠
Knife Comments: Sheath is basswood lined with raised half moon⁠
Nuckels_210916A copy.jpgNuckels_210916B copy.jpg
Historic BEAUTY! @Steve_Nuckels continues the traditional 'look' of the Chesapeake forging area.⁠

Moran, Hendrickson, et al. Now it's left up to HIM!⁠

Model: Fat Snake Frontier Dagger⁠
BL/OAL: 10" / 15.5" OAL⁠
Material: Antique Rasp 1095⁠
Bolster: Wrought iron & Copper, mild steel spacer⁠
Handle: Curly maple, stained⁠
Knife Comments: Wickett & Craig leather, basswood lined⁠

Astounding! 🏆 Vladimir @Kolenko_Knives takes our breath away! (As would the recipient of this weapon in use!)⁠

This is one of THREE I captured for our enjoyment. Contact or follow him for more info.⁠

Knife: Fixed Dagger⁠
BL/OAL: 16"/21.25"⁠
Material: Bertie Rietveld's Dragon Skin Damascus⁠
Forged_by: @BertieRietveld
Bolster: Sterling silver, 14K gold, garnets⁠
Handle: Mammoth ivory, sterling silver, 14K gold

Kolenko_210922C.jpg

Outer SpaceX tribute! A commissioned sword awarded to the benefactor of the last SpaceX flight: 'Inspiration'.⁠

Artists: @hopkins_forge @jamielundell
BOTH recognized artists hailing from #DragonsBreathForge in Wolcott, CT⁠

Three members on this successful flight comissioned this to be awarded to fellow passenger (Who funded the entire trip!)⁠

The official medallions were incorporated into the pommel, and that's a small 'St. Lukes' medallion as well, which was the principle charity donation.⁠

Berry_Lundell_210920A copy.jpg

^^^ Well, I've mostly caught up with the past month of work.

These makers are incredible. It's a privilege to support them and show them to INSPIRE all of us.

Enjoy!

^^^ Well, I've mostly caught up with the past month of work.

These makers are incredible. It's a privilege to support them and show them to INSPIRE all of us.

Enjoy!

Thank you for sharing your work here!!! Its always a pleasure to experience beautiful knives thru your eyes!!!!

James

It's been a BUSY past 6 weeks. I can't get enough done and have travelled to THREE shows. Let's get back to some of these.....

Majestic. Stately. Important. @Kolenko_Knives declares prominence with this dagger. 👑

Knife: Fixed Dagger⁠
BL/OAL: 16"/21"⁠
Material: Turkish Twist Damascus⁠
Forged_by: Zladinox⁠
Bolster: Sterling silver, 14K gold, garnets⁠
Handle: Sterling silver, 14K gold, garnets⁠

http://www.kolenko.com/⁠

Kolenko_210922A.jpg

Back