Sheepsfoots and wharncliffes! Oh my!

So, working out in the garden i have found the most useful blade on my pocket knife is the Sheepsfoot, it's a schrade stockman. I just really love this blade shape, and its soooooooooo much easier to free-hand sharpen and strop than something with belly. Would you guys mind posting pictures and names of your knives with sheepsfoots and-or wharncliffe blades. And also i would like to see current production knives with sheepsfoots and-or wharncliffes that you know of even if you dont own them. Thanks :)

I have several knives with sheepsfoot blades but I only have a couple of pics available right now.

This Ken Coats Sheepsfoot Jack is by far my favorite.

IMG_1609.jpg

The only other pic that I have handy at the moment is this Schatt & Morgan Heritage Series Cattleman that I just received today.

IMG_1811.jpg

You nailed it! two great blades:thumbup:

not a production knife... but a bitser made from a broken 3 blade...
I love it! single well and very thin in pocket :)

IMG_0621.jpg
[/IMG]

I think that the Sheepfoot is one of the best blades for utility. My dad gave me this a few months back and it is one of my favorite EDC's:thumbup:

scaled.php

Paul

Here's a Wharncliffe Trapper (WT). A very versatile pocket knife.
IMAG0383.jpg

A Half Congress.
DSC02380.jpg

A Scagel Fruitport Wharncliffe.
DSC02075.jpg

A Swayback Gent.
ericksonswayback.jpg

Very rarely will I walk out the door without a Wharncliffe bladed knife.

I think that the Sheepfoot is one of the best blades for utility. My dad gave me this a few months back and it is one of my favorite EDC's:thumbup:

scaled.php

Paul

Paul,
what's this knife? a Case single bladed barehead sheepsfoot jack? never seen it before...and I do like it alot :)

Fausto
:cool:

Queen Dan Burke Small Barlow with a smallish Wharncliffe secondary. (Lousy pic, but this really is a beautiful little knife - honest).

qdb.jpg (Click it to big it). ;)

I have to admit I've about reached the point where it is hard for me to buy a traditional which does not include a Sheepsfoot or Wharncliffe.

The only other pic that I have handy at the moment is this Schatt & Morgan Heritage Series Cattleman that I just received today.

IMG_1811.jpg

Rick, I really like the look of that S & M Cattleman. The big spear, sheepsfoot, & pen are a great blade combo, and the long pulls ice the cake.

How do you like it so far?

Andrew

You nailed it! two great blades:thumbup:

not a production knife... but a bitser made from a broken 3 blade...
I love it! single well and very thin in pocket :)

IMG_0621.jpg
[/IMG]

Not my pics...but I couldn't resist to throw it in...Congress jack! :)

orig.jpg

Fausto
:cool:

Now both of those are two that I would really love to have!
Right now all I have is a small stockman. The Sheepsfoot blade is by far my most used blade on it and easiest to sharped when I'm just getting into ;)
Sorry no pics of mine at the time. Its just a cheapy 10$ anyways. No where in the league of these :p

Rick, I really like the look of that S & M Cattleman. The big spear, sheepsfoot, & pen are a great blade combo, and the long pulls ice the cake.

How do you like it so far?

Andrew

Andrew, so far I like it but I need to flush out the joints before I can form a more accurate opinion. There is a lot of dirt and grime in there that needs cleaned out. The blade pulls are very stiff, especially on the Spear and Sheepsfoot blades. Definately a 9 on the pull scale. Maybe 9 1/2.

I'm hoping that a good cleaning smooths out the walk and talk a little. If it does, it will be a fantastic knife. I definately like it but I'm gonna try to make it a little better as soon as I get a chance.

Thanks, Rick. Wow, that is a stiff pull! Let us know if it benefits from your spa treatment.

Andrew

Back